there are some that you can. Do you have a flash drive you can use on these machines, if so, then you could use a floppy to boot to USB.
Have any of you used Torpark? http://www.torrify.com/index.php I downloaded it, but it can't seem to get onto the network from my crappy dial-up connection. I'm going to try to get it onto the school comps. I hope it works. No java applet support, though...
Quote:
Only the teachers' computers have cd drives, so live cds won't work. Unless you can fit a distro onto a 1.44mb floppy drive

I have my setup on one of these Cool:

Those are cool, but they never seemed to have a ton of practical value to me.
Well, for one, they're stealthy (and that's pretty much their sole purpose to me ph43r)
that, it is just flat out cool to have one. Wish I did.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Well, for one, they're stealthy (and that's pretty much their sole purpose to me ph43r)

Mine's stealthier. Its completely invisible until I want to use it! (which is when I pull it out of my pocket Razz its on my keychain)
as is the one I use (in fact, I have a carabiner dedicated to hold my flash drive).
rivereye wrote:
as is the one I use (in fact, I have a carabiner dedicated to hold my flash drive).
I have a lego containment device that holds the PCB of my flash drive... remember my pix? Very Happy
I remember that (I think anyways), that would rock to have also.
Quote:
Mine's stealthier. Its completely invisible until I want to use it! (which is when I pull it out of my pocket Razz its on my keychain)

But if you get searched, how stealthy will it be then? Razz
rivereye wrote:
in fact, I have a carabiner dedicated to hold my flash drive

Mine is just on the same keychain as the keys to my house and car - which I always have with me Smile
yeah, but I always have both with me, just handy for me (and for some reason I collect carabiners so I have a ton to use, one for keys, one for flashdrive, one for Nalgene (indescribable water bottle), one for the lunch bag, and one for my sunglasses case).
*bump* Apparently there are a lot of members that don't know about this feature! Four years ago I wrote a script so that in Firefox, bookmarks to Cemetech can be Live Titles, which means in more or less real-time the bookmark will say something like Cemetech | 42 Unread Posts!

KermMartian wrote:
Ahoy, all thee weblubbers who art among them too lazy to click links, arrrr. Matey, Cemetech now supports arguably one of the coolest additions to the new Firefox 2.0: microsummaries. These tiny links act like customized, single-item RSS feeds, showing a line of text customized in near-real-time instead of a static title for bookmarks. The new Cemetech microsummaries display the number of new posts since your last visit if you're offline, or "Cemetech|Online" if you're online at Cemetech. I'm open to any suggestions on improvements or changes. Without further ado, instructions!

1. Go to the Cemetech page you want to bookmark, such as the homepage, http://www.cemetech.net
2. Click Bookmarks, then Bookmark this Page.
3. Click the down arrow to the right of "Cemetech | Home" (or whatever the title of the page you're on is) and instead choose "Cemetech | Online". Done!

I'm not yet sure what the default update speed is, but I believe it may be a bit too slow. The script of the serverside is optimized to be extremely low bandwidth, so if there's a way, I may customize it to update more frequently. Remember, feedback!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours