Welcome to the best fighter pilot simulator this side of the prgm button. I scraped the old name and here we are now. I'm going to release v1.0 soon, so be ready.

v1: TONS of fun, except no story, but a main menu, no pause button, and no other ships among other things (not like I'm hinting at anything). 4 stages as of now, and a huge improvement over my previous game. What v1.1 will have: more stages, you can get credits(not to buy anything yet), a hanger to upgrade ship, PROTON TORPEDOS, but above all else, a story!!!!.

Also just a hint, his number is CT-2718
Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator TI-84+ CE
I'm quite interested in trying this out when it gets released. Though, what calculator is this made for?
My personal favorite, the 84 + CE, but I am willing to make a port (with some help) when finished
Is it coded in basic or asm?
Calculatordream wrote:
Is it coded in basic or asm?

Sorry for answering for them, but I believe it is written in Basic.
Yup
The load, save, and the story are all in the game, it’s now time to reuse assets for the remaking levels
v1 Beta, Eye in the Sky is out NOW,
Get your copy today: https://github.com/linkjt/TI-Wars
I've tried playing the game, but running it just gives a blank screen, and when pressing enter, gives an "UNDEFINED" error. It seems to me that the cause of this error is the game making an assumption about the existence of ʟSAVE. I certainly look forward to playing this.
That's odd, it should make the list in the code
My bad, I never assigned it, will do so now.
Fixed it is, no longer depressed Yoda is
The blank screen seems to be caused by the fact that you may or may not have forgotten to set the desired window dimensions. Also, I think I get what you meant in your question about double buffering. If I were you, I'd just go ClrDraw every frame, but I don't really know any solutions. Probably ClrDraw evey 10 frames or something? Doesn't have much flicker, and the screen is less messy. It's up to you to decide what to do, I guess.
OK, how would I do that?
It should be fixed in the latest version, if there is anything else tell me
StephenM wrote:
The blank screen seems to be caused by the fact that you may or may not have forgotten to set the desired window dimensions. Also, I think I get what you meant in your question about double buffering. If I were you, I'd just go ClrDraw every frame, but I don't really know any solutions. Probably ClrDraw evey 10 frames or something? Doesn't have much flicker, and the screen is less messy. It's up to you to decide what to do, I guess.

I was doing that, until I realized I could just create my images with set backgrounds of a bunch of lines of one color and then draw the rest of the image, save it, and recalling it just is optimization that is a lot less lines of code.
StephenM wrote:

I was doing that, until I realized I could just create my images with set backgrounds of a bunch of lines of one color and then draw the rest of the image, save it, and recalling it just is optimization that is a lot less lines of code.
I’m kinda feeling coders block for v1.02 so if any one has any idea that they think I should add, fire away.
Not really an idea, but I recommend changing the name of the save list from ʟSAVE, to indicate its connection to TIWARS (something like ʟTWSAV). A minor nitpick is using a line with style ID 4 instead of a Shade( command for the pause menu, and changing its color. But as for ideas, ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
I have a question, what should I put on a GitHub repo so people know about the game?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours