Check this out. I'm the #1 most downloaded author for the past 7 days, and I don't know why. Either someone decided to download-spam me, or some site linked to one of the least useful of my programs on Slashdot or Digg. Check it out:

My Author Profile
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/60/6077.html

Screen Mirror
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/255/25526.html
Shock

yeah ticalc stats are buggy sometimes
I dunno if it's actually a bug; multiple times I've traced actual download spamming via scripts and gotten ticalc.org to stop it.
I wouldn't worry about it. Ticalc.org's stats are really screwy sometimes.

I'm surprised that someone from ticalc.org actually talks to you when you bring up stats problems. (then again, I wouldn't be surprised that they trash my e-mails to them Smile ) im still waiting for them to fix this file so that other archive counts don't bleed into the Ti-89 basic archive. (Thats why it's got 50K+. Download the 83 version, add the count to the 89 version. Same for 82/85/86/92/etc)
yeah, I have been waiting for the last 2 months to fix 2 files, still no response to it... I guess I will be forced to use the inappropriate file box to get their attention.
I almost always just use the inappropriate file box; it seems to be the only thing that they actually check.
Fryedsoft wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. Ticalc.org's stats are really screwy sometimes.

I'm surprised that someone from ticalc.org actually talks to you when you bring up stats problems. (then again, I wouldn't be surprised that they trash my e-mails to them Smile ) im still waiting for them to fix this file so that other archive counts don't bleed into the Ti-89 basic archive. (Thats why it's got 50K+. Download the 83 version, add the count to the 89 version. Same for 82/85/86/92/etc)
per request you can make some files merged together, basically they are in all sections you want, but its the same one
Yeah, I've had them merge some of my files under pressure from William White.
so in theory, all I would have to do is make FF7 92 more like the 89 version with it's maps and grayscale, submit it to the Voyage 200 basic game archive, and then merge the 92 version against the V200 file, and poof! instant "most downloaded v200 basic game"?

doesn't sound right to me.

(PS, most likely they would reset the count to 0 on the v200 file, but that really isn't the point. I could add the 89 and 92 version to the v200 file and merge the archives and it will eclipse the v200 leader in roughly 200 weeks on 89 downloads alone, let alone 92 and v200 downloads)
I agree that it doesn't sound right, but for the last several years, that's what the archivers have been promoting and requesting from authors.
It's things like this that make me wish Rabeler was still running the archive. Even though he was a pain in the neck at least he ran a tight ship archive wise. I know this stuff wouldn't be happening under his watch.

I don't really know why they can't give each reference it's own count and just have it point to the merged file, or make a section specifically for merged files and put them all there so they won't affect single calc archives. Are they that constrained for hard drive space? I couldn't see why they would be with today's 500GB hard drives.
I was appalled to see that they somehow accepted yet another quadratic equation program, even though they have expressly forbidden new quadratic equation programs since about two years ago. And the IonApp is not actually an app - it belongs in BasicBuilder apps.
I'm guilty of creating one

Of course, you better have really High level FF7 characters, or your gonna fail the test. Laughing

It also makes a great excuse too. (Mom, I failed the test because I wasn't strong enough to beat Rhylos when he used the Quadratic Orb Against Me. I'll do better once I get Cloud and tifa to Level 120 I promise!!)
...? Oh, lol, I didn't even realize at first that that wasn't a run-of-the-mill quadratic equation solver. Very Happy
yeah. they have a bad image of it there.

Its basically an FF7 storyboard which uses ff7fight, so FF7 needs to be installed first in order for it to work. You also need high level characters since Rhylos is a LOT more powerful than the one in cloud's quest.

If you beat Rhylos, you get the "Quadratic Orb" and Red gives you the answer. If you lose, or type in invalid numbers, Rhylos destroys the world, and you don't get the answer.
There weren't any recently added QuadSolvers, that new one is an update.

The last QuadSolver to be accepted (hopefully the last one ever too) was mine: the Grayscale Quadratic Equation Solver. Ironically it's also the hundredth one too.
What about Kevin's grayscale wfrng clone? Wasn't that accepted after yours?

Edit: Laughing I love how you have a "Features and Bugs" section in your readme, but you don't say which are which. Razz
That was before, and that's not exactly a quadsolver either.
True, but it is a grayscale, xLib-using program of a type generally outlawed from new additions to the archives.
yeah, but mine turns you into a hero Laughing

(See Sig for details. I'm too lazy to post an IMG tag, and phoenix wright was sucking bandwidth like crazy Smile)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours