Laziness... It can be horrible, and sometimes wonderful. In this case horrible.

Ever since I got my domain, and got my site up and running, the homepage has been left bland, and never really functioned. But finally my laziness for this particular area wore off, and I used my favored news poster, PHPNews. Which I must say is extremely good Very Happy

Its EXTREMELY customizable. You create all the templates, and you just set the spot for where the news title goes, the message, and extra info, like whether not to put a comments page for your news, show what category its in, who posted it, when it was posted, etc...

And to make the news viewable, all you gotta do is put phpnews in a deeper folder, and create an index.php file with the following...
Code:
<?php
//I just copied the files needed from my forum template
include('aheaderfile_that_you_created.ext');

//The PHPNews folder also contains the admin/news_poster login form in [yourphpnewsfolder]/index.php
include('[yourphpnewsfolder]/news.php');

//Same as first include
include('afooterfile_that_you_created.ext');
?>
A highly recommended system to use. As I said before, its very customizable, and can be used for almost anything. With a bit of tweaking you can even make it a simple forum, a code sharing site, a blog, and tons of other stuff.

To sum it all up, my site is up and running and I am very happy Smile

I did a bit of changes to my original forum template to make it have its own swivelgames.com look, but kept enough that it blended almost perfectly with rhika Very Happy
Lets just hope I wake up in time to goto school in the morning.

Check out my site, and tell me what you think of it!

Site: http://www.swivelgames.com/
Forum: http://rhika.swivelgames.com/
Good job on that, but I must reprimand you on staying up until 5am on a school day to finish it. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours