http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6129460.stm
When I first saw the title of the link, I thought *microwaves* to myself, but this seems like an interesting idea too. I would think they might encounter some stability issues with resonance, but they're on the right track.
as the article mentioned Tesla was way ahead of these guys, however he didn't run out of money so much as get shut down by the government who though he was building a death ray.
Exactly, but no one seems to be interested in picking up where Tesla left off. We have all his research notes, so I don't see why not...
Heh, I find it funny that most of these news links are easily found on slashdot or digg. Smile
Yeah, I really hope something good comes out of this. I realize that anything of this caliber is far in the making, but using this with EVs would revolutionize the transportation system.
The thing about Tesla's is that his sounded like thunder whenever it was on Razz
Harq wrote:
The thing about Tesla's is that his sounded like thunder whenever it was on Razz

Yeah, but Tesla might have been able to make the Earth itself into a single-wire power line, thereby creating a WORLD WIDE wireless power grid

This sounds like a pretty sweet alternative, though. I just wonder how much power it can deliver. enough for a cell phone or PDA, sure, but what about more powerful things like PCs that can take upwards of 1,000w of power?
True, but it sounds to me like it would be more efficiently used for charging handheld devices like phones, PDAs, calculators, and laptops.
Quote:
calculators

No more need for batteries, w00t!!!
Batteries, maybe, but you could also just use ultraefficient capacitors.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours