I'm thinking of making a new text-adventure game based on the somewhat new console game "Bully". I want to pretty much have as many of the original missions as possible. Here would be the main, in-game screen:

1:Class
2:Mission
3:Errand
4:Carnival
5:Race
6:Inventory
7:Other... (this category would include buying clothes, kissing girls (for health), beating people up, etc., most of the other things you'd find in the original game)
8:Quit

Pretty much everything except for some missions would be minigames. The time feature won't be in this game due to me not knowing how to do it, and guessing that it would take a lot of time/knowledge to perfect.

What I need is suggestions from people who have played the game. Thanks in advance.
wtf?
I concur... WTF?
Lack of gamers abound.
allynfolksjr wrote:
wtf?

Why the "wtf"? The post is valid, including what he is asking for - if you don't have an answer, don't respond. Simple enough Rolling Eyes

I suggest you start by checking out the official homepage for the Bully game (by Rockstar) http://www.rockstargames.com/bully/home/
Kllrnohj wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
wtf?

Why the "wtf"? The post is valid, including what he is asking for - if you don't have an answer, don't respond. Simple enough Rolling Eyes

The concept of a game based on Bully is simply silly at best--it's no better than any of the "dope warz" or variants that are so prevalent in the TI Community.
</Troll warning>
allynfolksjr wrote:
The concept of a game based on Bully is simply silly at best--it's no better than any of the "dope warz" or variants that are so prevalent in the TI Community.

Your face is silly! Razz No, but seriously, how can you judge the quality of a game that is just entering development? It is fully possible to successfully recreate an open-ended game like Bully on the calculator. Don't be hatin'
Wasn't there a bunch of controversy over the Bully game or something like that?

and did anyone mouse over my last post? Razz
Harq wrote:
Wasn't there a bunch of controversy over the Bully game or something like that?

Yeah, and everyone up in arms screaming for it to be banned from stores before any info but the name was released were made complete and utter fools by rockstar. Basically people saw Rockstar + "Bully" == HATE GAME TO BE BANNED OMG THE EFFECT ON LITTLE KIDS! Then when details were released that you defend people from bully's and all that came out, the people calling for it to be banned suddenly shut up.... heehee
Rolling Eyes thats why you look before you judge.
yeah, I agree there. I admit, I might judge a tad bit before all info is given, but once I have some, then I try to make my final judgment on something.

I don't know much on this game at all, so I won't be of much help to you on this.
Like I said, this is only a concept of mine. The game would pretty much be nothing but minigames. For races, it would be just like any other BASIC racing game, but with obstacles and increasing speed for different difficulties. In one of the first missions where you have to get Johnny Vincent off the platform by the autoshop, it would be like a shooter, where you have to shoot Johnny x amount of times while not getting hit x amount of times.

Now, does anybody have any REAL comments? Not just WTF? And no, I'm not trolling, this is serious, if I get enough support (and knowledge of BASIC), I'll do it.
hmm I didnt said you were trolling -.- i was talking about allynfolks spam

i would like to see how this will turn out, i hope to see screenshots soon Smile
Looks interesting.

xlibman: Use the "Quote" button. Wink
So far, I've got the menus down. Here's my first question:

How can I make a anagram game?

Ex. You get the word "SMILES", and you have to make as many words out of it as possible (ex. MILES, MILE, LESS, etc.). How would I do the word recognition? What command would I use (Prompt, Input, etc.) and I would I do verification? And how would I do a percentage system (based on number or words found so far)?

As for the game, here's a quick breakdown:

Class
-English
-Math
-Science
-History
Mission
-(Any possible missions)
Carnival
-(Some random minigames, such as target shooting)
Races
-Bike
-Go Kart
Errands
-Lawn Mowing
-Paperboy
Other
-Buy
--Food
--Clothes
-Bully (beat up kid for food/money)
-Kiss (for extra health)
Inventory/Stats (shows progress)
Save/Load (explanatory)

One other thing, is there a way to (un)archive programs within a program? Because at this rate, I can predict you will have access to no more than half the game at a time (almost each menu item is a separate program) b/c of size limitations.
Use the program Resource. You can find more about it on Dan's site:
http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/tutorials/83p/b/misc/resource.htm
Thanks. Just one more question: how could I have music/sound for the races (if it were possible)?
not really possible (ok, it is, but it requires a converter to listen to, and ASM to output the sound, not really worth it I think).
I see...

So here's exactly what I need to know so far (I'm a TI-Basic n00b when it comes to gaming):

-Anagram game
-Press the button game (like DDR, has one square in middle, and have to press correct button when the picture of button is in the square, may require xLib)
-2D Race/Car game (horizontal, with obstacles and changing borders (wide to narrow, up to down, etc,))
-Math question-answer game (gives equation, solve by typing correct answer)
-History question-answer game (multiple choice)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours