rss
I am trying to add rss to my 'future' site, but I have no idea how to
do this.
I know the language, but ... how do you put it on your website ?

Can please someone help me.
Welcome to Cemetech!

Well, anyone can get the RSS feed simply going to whatever page you have the RSS feeds on, for example http://www.cemetech.net/scripts/cemetechnews.php. However, if you want the user to be told that you have an RSS feed for your site in their browser, add something like this to your homepage:

Code:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Cemetech Forum Feed" href="http://www.cemetech.net/forum/rss.php" />
Thanks Kerm, but i don't realy understand it.
I mean to embed an rss file into your webpage,
just like on TiCalc.org , or here (CEMETECH).
Maybe there's some completely implimation of RSS that I've never heard about before that Kerm is using, but to my knowledge, Kerm doesn't have RSS embedded within Cemetech. If anything, there is a PHP script generating it.
I have a PHP script that generates the RSS feed from current news articles in the database. I guess I'm not really sure what you're asking; do you want a dynamic are RSS feed based on something? Or do you need a client?
Note that the actual news that doesn't look like a bunch of tags with text isn't RSS - it's made with (X)HTML and probably some CSS.
An RSS feed is an XML-formatted table based on the RSS 1.1 or 2.0 style.
jimbauwens wrote:
I mean to embed an rss file into your webpage,
just like on TiCalc.org , or here (CEMETECH).

you don't embed an RSS into your webpage. RSS is *not* something that browsers render/display (while some browsers due, this is not something that you create webpages around) - so you can't use it as an (X)HTML replacement. You can, however, have a backend script (CGI, PHP, etc...) auto-generate an RSS feed based on your news posts, but I kinda think this is beyond your knowledge right now
Thanks everyone, its all done, with a PHP script.
jimbauwens wrote:
Thanks everyone, its all done, with a PHP script.
Excellent. Would you care to share a link so we can see what you're talking about?
Well, not yet.

I've still a lot to do . Very Happy
jimbauwens wrote:
Well, not yet.

I've still a lot to do . Very Happy
What is your website going to be about when you're done with it?
Well, about 68k calculators.
I know there are many other website
like mine, but at least I have a website.
jimbauwens wrote:
Well, about 68k calculators.
I know there are many other website
like mine, but at least I have a website.
Super duper epic necro-bump! Did you ever complete your website? Also you should Introduce Yourself in our thread for that purpose.
I completed it, but I took it down as I didn't have the time (and the age) to keep it alive.

Quote:
Also you should Introduce Yourself in our thread for that purpose.

Maybe I'll do that soon, but I can't promise to be active here.
jimbauwens wrote:
I completed it, but I took it down as I didn't have the time (and the age) to keep it alive.

Quote:
Also you should Introduce Yourself in our thread for that purpose.

Maybe I'll do that soon, but I can't promise to be active here.
Totally understandable. I'm actually flabbergasted that you had an account here five years ago; I thought you were much newer to the community. Smile
Oh no, I'm an oldie :p
I've been programming calculator for 5-6 years Smile

(*jimbauwens goes to the Introduce Yourself! thread, as that is more suitable for this kind of talks)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
rss
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours