Well, I am going to attempt to create a program that will allow a person to scroll up and down to up to 200 items or so. Well, it will be dynamic enough to go to whatever, but that is besides the point. Razz

My idea is to have it set a variable for the length of each word in a string, and start out at the top, of course, and watch where the cursor itself goes. It will then have to make sure it starts scrolling the text itself when it reaches the bottom/top.

I have a rough idea on how I want to do this, and I think I have all the checking systems thought out in my head... Does this seem like a good idea for any of you, and would you like to see this done?

If it works well enough, I would like to use it for the pokedex system for pokemon purple...
I did it!! ^_^

I am so proud of myself, now to make it clear the lines as it displays them...
[/img]

On a side note, the program is just under 500 bytes, without the string in it. ^_^
nice - but its a little slow there Razz

are you using the little text on the graphscreen or the big text on the graphscreen?
Well, there are 9 rows of text, so I would say little text. Rolling Eyes
it isn't slow on the 83+se Wink It is rather fast, like lookin through the catalog... Smile

and it is the little text on the graphscreen.
calc84maniac wrote:
Well, there are 9 rows of text, so I would say little text. Rolling Eyes

and you can fit 10 rows of text w/ the little text on the graphscreen, hence my question Rolling Eyes
If you want to see the program itself, without any line clearing yet, here you go: http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifreak8x/ABC.8xp

Edit:

Oh yeah, who's the man?! Razz Just Joking lol

this is pretty neat. can i use this for my drag racing game? Also could you make it smaller by instead of scrolling one item at a time, have the cursor go to the top and than have it display the next x number of objects.
Where is the fun in that?? I probably could do that, wouldn't be too hard, though I don't know of any game that does that... I did it in this manner to reproduce the menu stuff on the original pokemon games. Smile

you can use it, but wait til I get the code out with a good readme. Should be out in a few days...
Hey, that's some pretty fast scrolling you've got going there, Dan! Congrats on the good work.

2 more concepts I have made. Very Happy Got to add the ability to scroll by page, and I think I will be done with that routine for now.

Also notice that the pokemon's names are now in the system...
little bit of an update:

I have gotten the program ready for the ability to select and option, I just have to decide how I want that part to work for pokemon. Smile

I am getting ready to work on page by page scrolling, and will also add the arrows that go from side to side. I will hopefully have a new screenshot up by Thursday.
*bump*

I have page-by-page scrolling done, the program is still at 533 bytes. I will hopefully have time to make a screenshot during lunch.