Using MOS I unlocked an asm program and began to read through the code. I expected to see lots of random characters as ussual but then I noticed something I never saw before, a command: PrintScreen. I tried copying it into a program and it RAM Cleared me. Any ideas if it does anything, what it does, or how to use it?
its an extra token that TI never implemented anything for. Ive seen it before while editing super mario levels manually. it never RAM cleared me when I recalled it into a program, but as its unused you probably dont want to try anything with it.
I'm going totally on a whim, but perhaps they intended it as a method to save the contents of the homescreen to a string? It doesn't make sense for the graphscreen, as that's what StorePic is for.
Maybe, but I'd thought that Print would be for output.
Super Speler wrote:
Maybe, but I'd thought that Print would be for output.
Confused That didn't occur to me; I always think of PrintScreen as an input command.
Hmm... I wonder if there's a place we can find out what it was for...
any relation to printf()? duno
I bet TI put it there just to confuse people like us... It seems it would do something with output... but I have no idea what.
Liazon wrote:
any relation to printf()? duno
No, printf would be more like.... umm .... using Text() with multiple comma-separated arguments.
I sent an E-Mail to TI around a month ago and never got a reply. Apparently this must be 'classified' information.
Super Speler wrote:
I sent an E-Mail to TI around a month ago and never got a reply. Apparently this must be 'classified' information.
Meh. I actually think we might be pretty close to the mark on this, though.
@Super Or they think your just joking Razz
iirc, there is a BASIC printscreen command on TI82's dunno what is does though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours