Yo, peep this, and check out the logo I made on the right:
http://www.cemetech.net/img/v5/template.html
no offense, but I preferred the old style for the site, looked better for my lappy's crap resolution.
rivereye wrote:
no offense, but I preferred the old style for the site, looked better for my lappy's crap resolution.
Fair enough, just go to Edit Profile and switch to CemetechLite (the second one).
ok.

/me misses the green.
Then switch back to CemetechLiteGreen.... why not?
I did. And I did warn you to test in 800*600 for those of us who can't run anything else (stupid laptop).
rivereye wrote:
I did. And I did warn you to test in 800*600 for those of us who can't run anything else (stupid laptop).
I tried to simulate it by resizing my browser, and the only problem was the Say button and SAX logo overlapping.
overall, I like the look, but I think the logo is a little too dark, and the sax box is outside its border. also, the text next to the link bar looks like a quick addon, not part of the site, fix the color, size, font, and vertical positioning....
elfprince13 wrote:
overall, I like the look, but I think the logo is a little too dark, and the sax box is outside its border. also, the text next to the link bar looks like a quick addon, not part of the site, fix the color, size, font, and vertical positioning....
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I want to do that.
is the font smaller? It seems to either be a smaller font, or closer together. I'm not digging it (a bit too small on a 1280x1024 res screen)
I switched the default from Verdana to Georgia; I thought it looked a bit more retro. Maybe I'll change it back. What do you guys think?
just increase the size of it. Things like the date (Post Date) are ridiculously small

The font itself is fine, just tiny Smile
agreed. I like the font though. Number look cool. =P Razz

*hint hint* Laughing l0l
Oh, and have the 'bar' behind the items on the left extend all the way to the bottom of the page. It just looks wierd having it suddenly stop part way down (maybe have it 'connect' to something at the bottom would be cool)
oh yeah, and I vote for all [img]'s, image buttons, and smilies getting the class="reflect rheight25" treatment
I am with kllrnohj, no digg here either, doesn't look good at 800*600.
rivereye wrote:
I am with kllrnohj, no digg here either, doesn't look good at 800*600.

dude, NOTHING looks good at 800x600 Razz
I know, but that is all my crap lappy supports (I kid you not), and my desktop is down.
elfprince13 wrote:
oh yeah, and I vote for all [img]'s, image buttons, and smilies getting the class="reflect rheight25" treatment
I think it could get annoying for smilies, especially since it would change line spacing.
New design looks pretty sweet. My only comments are that the sax looks a bit out of wack (as elfprince said), the line that goes behind all the boxes should extend to the bottom (as kllrnohj said), there's a little white line at the top that cuts the red column and it's a little off lining up, and the logo could be a little lighter and perhaps more coloring to it. Otherwise Cool Good Idea Good Idea

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours