Then you didn't set the cap, or you had some option enabled that ignores the cap Rolling Eyes Azurues is very good at not exceeding the cap for me, anyway

Although I'm not likely BitTyrant too much. For whatever reason, with it running everything slows to a crawl. Webpages take forever to load, etc... With azureus I'm actually downloading faster AND websites load with their usual quickness. wierd
Kllrnohj wrote:
For those of us with real internet connections, bittorrent speeds rarely come close to maxing out the theoretical speed (for example, when downloading gentoo from bittorrent, I think I average somewhere in the 70-80KB/s range, even though my line's max is 300KB/s - which I can hit just fine when downloading from a dedicated server)

Cool, I just saw that first hand here at school. I only get 10-15kp/s on utorrent, but I was downloading off a normal server and got 50-60kb/s.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours