To tell you the honest truth, I'm really not totally crazy about Cemetech v5. With that in mind, I've been messing around with some ideas, and I actually got a few that could make a radical difference in the site. Anyway, here's a random header I have drawn up; what does everyone think?

hmmm, not bad.
I like the logo, that is awesome. Search box looks great as well. Buttons... That isn't so great... :/ It just doesn't seem to match the logo.
too big - way too big. Its a header, not the site itself. It should be more or less out of the way - thats one of the things I don't like about V5. The buttons at the top are ridiculously huge - cmon man, we aren't blind here

This is doubly true if you are going to have the buttons under the logo again. Oh, and can we get some color going on? The red on white is a little blad and boring, and your new one is mostly just white. I paid good money for this 24-bit color screen, at least use more than 256 colors Rolling Eyes
I like that the buttons actually have the words on them, though. More n00b friendly.
Any preferences between these three?

i think the first one looks the best out of all of them followed by third then second.
Id have to say Im a fan of the second, its side arrows, and its got the horizontal stripe to match.
besides the fact that they are all huge, I prefer the second one.
rivereye wrote:
besides the fact that they are all huge, I prefer the second one.
I made them huge so you could see detail. Cool deal, second one it is; I felt the same way myself. That was a color scheme question, btw, not a graphics question. Underhanded, eh? Smile
Is the "Interact" button supposed to be a cool word for forum? If it is, I like forum better.
I like the 3rd one, although none are really all that great. Why in the world is there a solid stripe at the top of the second one? If anything, a shadow would logically be at the bottom, but the stripe is just harsh looking, ruining the smooth flow of the gradient that covers the rest of the button
I say 3rd, if you go with 2nd make it somewhat symmetrical on top and bottom, the line at the top kinda looks... well... wierd...
Kllrnohj wrote:
I like the 3<sup>rd</sup> one, although none are really all that great. Why in the world is there a solid stripe at the top of the second one? If anything, a shadow would logically be at the bottom, but the stripe is just harsh looking, ruining the smooth flow of the gradient that covers the rest of the button

Seconded.
Duly noted. Just trying to be original with button design there. Smile
the_m0053 wrote:
Is the "Interact" button supposed to be a cool word for forum? If it is, I like forum better.
No, it's going to cover deveral things including the forum, hence Interact.
KermMartian wrote:
Duly noted. Just trying to be original with button design there. Smile
the_m0053 wrote:
No, it's going to cover deveral things including the forum, hence Interact.

perhaps Discuss would be better.
Yeah, but it's gonna have the Forum, Links, and probably About as well.

Edit: Submitted for your perusal and approval:
that is pretty seckzy Kerm.
still too large of a header. That is going to take up a bit of real estate, not to mention is rather bland. Its a whole lot of white, whooopdedoo
Kllrnohj wrote:
still too large of a header. That is going to take up a bit of real estate, not to mention is rather bland. Its a whole lot of white, whooopdedoo
Relax, it's a work in progress. Smaller, less white it is.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours