Are you saying that grayscale games run too fast, or that they don't run at all? I know exactly what the speed problem is - I optimized the routines too much. I'll have to scale it back a bit.
Wow. I think that is the first time I have ever heard someone say a calc game was too fast.
KermMartian wrote:
Are you saying that grayscale games run too fast, or that they don't run at all? I know exactly what the speed problem is - I optimized the routines too much. I'll have to scale it back a bit.

Very Happy Thats hilarious! But would that cause them to not run at all? o.O
Or maybe DCS is running some piece of code that disables interrupts?

All of those games seem related to interrupt. And hell we know interrupts take time. Maybe Kerm should look that way too.

I don't think SSP and GSTunnel would run 3 times faster because you to much optimized - heu what could be optimized? Fastcopy? Pusprite8?

And even there, would it make that much of a difference?
Maybe there could be some kind of compatability mode built in so you can switch between the original routines and the optimized routines. Or maybe there could be two sets so that those developing for DCS could use the optimised ones...
Yeah, keep the optimized routines but call them a different way. That way programs made for DCS can be more pwny. It'd be a great selling point.

Well, I guess free open-source calc shells don't really have selling points, but it might make more people use it Smile
On the subject of interrupts, Grayscale Tunnel disables interrupts by itself and it uses none of DCS's routines, so I fail to see how it would be faster... Confused
I figured it out. I have a few lines of code that enable full-speed execution (15 MHz) on the calculators that are capable of it right before ASM programs are executed. Apparently people write their programs assuming 15Mhz. Bah.
I don't think you meant to have 15mhz twice there Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
I don't think you meant to have 15mhz twice there Wink
That's strange, I thought I already edited the second one to say 6MHz. But yeah, that's what I meant.
KermMartian wrote:
That's strange, I thought I already edited the second one to say 6MHz. But yeah, that's what I meant.

Planning on making that edit anytime soon? Razz But yeah, I would guess people would program for 6mhz, as isn't that the speed of the ti-83+? (which most games seem to target...)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Planning on making that edit anytime soon? Razz But yeah, I would guess people would program for 6mhz, as isn't that the speed of the ti-83+? (which most games seem to target...)
Actually, I double-checked, and I had the SpeedBoost code commented out. Has anyone else experienced these speed issues?
Was that commented out before or after you created the DCS6 RC1 binary, though?

If I get some time I'll try it, but I think I left my calc at school....
Before. From checking my backups, it's been disabled since about 5.6. Razz
KK, there's something off about the checkboxes. It looks like the check is off by a pixel or 2. Sorry if this is noted already, but at this point I don't feel like reading 3 pages of posts.
Harrierfalcon wrote:
KK, there's something off about the checkboxes. It looks like the check is off by a pixel or 2. Sorry if this is noted already, but at this point I don't feel like reading 3 pages of posts.

Its supposed to be like that, notice how it changes the state of the pixel, not just turn on. It switches the walls so you can see it all =D (tell me if you do not understand)
Harq wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:

Its supposed to be like that, notice how it changes the state of the pixel, not just turn on. It switches the walls so you can see it all =D (tell me if you do not understand)
He's right.
when i used it i didnt get a speed boost on the games i used, i got a noticeable slowdown from the speed it executes at on mirage. its nothing drastic, just noticable.
Not really a bug, but maybe making the right-click icons a little more...clear? It's hard to tell what does what without the readme...

Oh, and I'm a Mirage lover, so I'm kinda disappointed that DoorsCS messes up the first letter (presumably for hiding) of ALL progs, whether they were hidden by Doors or Mirage. Again, not really a bug, but just something...
I don't think Doors even HAS a hide feature.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours