Code:

:999→dim(L1)
:999→dim(L2)
:sortA(L1)
:sortA(L2)

So yeah does anyone have any idea on a polymorphic virus.
1) It's not a virus. Just an annoying program.
2) Why would you do that? Script kiddies are the last thing the calculator programming community needs.
foamy3 wrote:
2) Why would you do that? Script kiddies are the last thing the calculator programming community needs.
If you put it in an infinite loop, it's relatively hard to break. And yeah, pointless and sc1pt1e.
How is that infinite? SortA just sorts them, doesn't it? It will take a while, but eventually it should finish, right? And a battery pull isn't exactly difficult. Doing that would clear your RAM, but anyone who has ever programmed on a calc knows from experience to ALWAYS keep backups in Archive. But, really, unless someone puts it on your calc IN your math course, you should be able to wait it out.
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
If you put it in an infinite loop, it's relatively hard to break. And yeah, pointless and sc1pt1e.

Code:

something a little more effective:

Code:

:Whil e 1
:rand(999→dim(L1)
foamy3 wrote:
How is that infinite? SortA just sorts them, doesn't it? It will take a while, but eventually it should finish, right? And a battery pull isn't exactly difficult. Doing that would clear your RAM, but anyone who has ever programmed on a calc knows from experience to ALWAYS keep backups in Archive. But, really, unless someone puts it on your calc IN your math course, you should be able to wait it out.

But most people haven't. Wink
Even better, when you get good at it you can enter it supa quick, but is only good if the victim is a moron.

Code:

While 1
Input A," "
Disp randInt(1,256
End

that will look like the homescreen, they will try to do math but will be given a random answer =)

ALSO, a good way to occupy the calcs time and make the ON button not work is create a random matrix with huge legth and width.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Even better, when you get good at it you can enter it supa quick, but is only good if the victim is a moron.

Code:

While 1
Input A," "
Disp randInt(1,256
End

that will look like the homescreen, they will try to do math but will be given a random answer =)

ALSO, a good way to occupy the calcs time and make the ON button not work is create a random matrix with huge legth and width.

Code:
While 1
Input "",Str1
If rand<0.1:1
Disp expr(Str1)+Ans
End
Would a virus even be possible? like one that went from calc to calc if they where connected ect. and did something malicious.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Would a virus even be possible? like one that went from calc to calc if they where connected ect. and did something malicious.

In ASM it MIGHT be possible, not sure how you would get the other calc to accept the transmition unless it would send itself along whenever anything was transfered to another calc... Would have to be auto-start and with a hook detecting that.
perhaps an SE+Calcnet2 for people with DCS, it could even check the ID of the calc to avoid hurting the creator.

i believe there is a silent linking flag to autosend programs in the TI-OS

Code:

:Whil e 1
:rand(999→dim(L1)

You sure you need that dim( statement Rolling Eyes ?

Also, here is the code for the most simple ASM virus I know of. It can only be broken out of by removing a battery.

I'd post better ones if:
1: I enjoyed actually damaging other calculators
2: I felt it was safe to tell random people how to mess up calculators

Anyway, the code is:

Code:
:AsmPgrm
:18FE

Its that simple. Run it with asm(.
But these still aren't viruses by definition. A virus must self-copy itself, which none of these do. At worst, these take a long time to execute or enter and infinite loop. None of these are capable of self-copying and self-transmission, and as such aren't viruses.
Kllrnohj: check out the idea i posted above.
I know they are not viruses but to peolpe who are dumb such as some of the people who may sit next to you in math class, they think they are and it is hilarious when the freak out about the program.
Quote:
I know they are not viruses but to peolpe who are dumb such as some of the people who may sit next to you in math class, they think they are and it is hilarious when the freak out about the program.

grammer check pleaaase.

Code:
:asmprgm

This does the samething as my original.
blm22 wrote:

Code:
:asmprgm

This does the samething as my original.
Not true. This is assembly and therefore truly unbreakable with [ON]. With your program, you just have to hold [ON] for a few seconds.
not with this code try it

Code:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours