Wow, crazy 'virus' (which, once again, is not at all even close to being a virus, as it does not self-replicate) - it tied up my calculator for a whopping ~3.5 minutes Rolling Eyes (203 seconds to be exact)
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Quote:
I know they are not viruses but to peolpe who are dumb such as some of the people who may sit next to you in math class, they think they are and it is hilarious when the freak out about the program.

grammer check pleaaase.

Spelling check, please Wink

blm22: you're code isn't much better, as Kllrnohj said. At least mine forced a RAM clear, which is painful for people without backups or Omnicalc and silver editions.

Maybe we should call these maliciously coded programs instead of viruses to be more correct Rolling Eyes
Sorry 'bout the spelling. Twas at school==no Firefox==up to my horrible spelling skillz (or lack thereof)
Ya, i love how Firefox automatically detects my spelling errors...it works out fine since I'm kinda picky about my spelling. I don't want to look retarded to anybody here.

Anyways, i don't think anybody can make a true virus on basic. However, in ASM one thing you could do is delete all the programs and APPS available and then set contrast off to freak them out a bit. but i don't know about a TRUE virus. it would have to hide itself, then activate in some weird way on its own

(i have not much experience w/ viruses, so this is most likely somewhat false)
Well, you could have a virus that writes itself to the OS page in the flash, maybe in the hook section or something so that it gets run every time the user turns on the calc (that way a RAM clean won't remove it)
yah..it would be better not to have it deleted with ram clear, that would b a waste of a "virus"
The hardest part (as with all viruses) is figuring out HOW and WHERE you are going to hide it so that it can execute semi-reliably (say, every 1 out of 10 tries - minimum)
ya i understand. would it be possible to infiltrate it in another APP?
or is that what u said earlier?
Surprised Please don't kill my calculator Crying

On another note, I lost my calculator and can't find it

On another note, BLM is acting worse than Rayden does about his code is right now Neutral
Kllrnohj wrote:
Wow, crazy 'virus' (which, once again, is not at all even close to being a virus, as it does not self-replicate) - it tied up my calculator for a whopping ~3.5 minutes Rolling Eyes (203 seconds to be exact)

3.5 minutes? That would definitely scare most of the people in my class, though (but for us at Cemetech....).
bfr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

3.5 minutes? That would definitely scare most of the people in my class, though (but for us at Cemetech....).

Once again, why would you want to scare them? If you want to prank them, make a loop that bounces "bfr pwns j00" around their screen for 30 seconds. No point in making them freak out.
I didn't say I wanted to; I just said it would.
ya ummm...
scaring them for like 5 mins isn't that great. how about scare them for like an hour or so while they try fixing their calc?
you can hide it by giving it a "hidden" filename. if you make it an SE for DCS6 then you can have it attack everytime DCS is run, and spread itself over gCn or by silent linking.
ooh that sound interesting.
however, if the ram was restored, would it be deleted?
bfr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Not really. A lot of the kids in my math classes only use their calculators for maybe 5 minutes of the entire class - 3.5 minutes could definitely pass by without them even noticing.

@Elf: That would be sweet, I may have to try a proof-of-concept if I ever decide to really learn ASM Wink
I'm not sure if you have seen this one but I found it one day
/=/ Is Not Equal

Code:

:ClrHome
:0->X
:While X/=/999.99
:Input "",X
:Disp X+RandInt(1,10)
:End
:Return
look at my previous post. all you added was a way out.
You can make an "unbreakable" program with BASIC, just be proficient enough in ASM to write a program that will block the ON button, run a selected program when the calc is turned on, and here it would be:

Code:
:ASM(prgmONBLOCK
:ClrHome
:While 1
:For(A,1,8
:For(B,1,16
:Output(A,B,randint(0,9

And i have amde one of those fake answer programs and put it on my friends calc... To bad we had a math final that day... lol, should've seen the look on his face when he realized. He stood up and yelled at me from across the room. Good thing no teachers were around...

And the virus part: yeah, it wouldn't really be a virus if it has no ability to auto load on other calcs... Maybe a program that always runs in teh background and when it senses a link cable, checks to see if it can connect, and then silently transfer.. except if it was the creator's calc. That way, creator gives to Person1. Person 1 infects 2 people, those 3 infect 2 people each, and so on and so forth. It would probably have to not do something really leathal, maybe just be like spyware and slow down the calc and then make random mesdsages to go to Cemetech to find out how to get the thing off teh calc, but our remedy really doesn't and jsut helps it more....
ONBLOCK doesn't count as a basic program, so nope, you can't do it in pure Basic, which was kinda the challenge. and enough with the necroposting

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours