Does anyone know how to store a string (or any other variable) to ANS in basic?
You can store a string like this:

To Ans:

"Hello world

To a string variable, located by pressing VARS, 7, and Str#

"Hello world"->Str#

Everytime you do an equation, it auto updates Ans
THX A TONNERS! Good Idea
If you want to change the value of a number variable without affecting Ans, do it like this:

Code:
For(A,123,0
End

(storing 123 to A)
Careful there!
Ans is affected in this situation.
all for( loops take the number that was inputed, stores it in ans, then stores ans into the variable

goes in a circle.
this is true for a TI83+
i don't know what kind of calc u have, but on mine, it still went thru Ans
Just have the value on an open line

would store 135 to ans

Also, please stop creating new topics to ask questions, just create 1 topic to ask questions in...
ya, it took me a while to figure out that new topics pissed people off.. like basic to asm hex.....i have a feeling i already asked that alot of times
Harq wrote:
Also, please stop creating new topics to ask questions, just create 1 topic to ask questions in...

Its totally fine for him to create new threads to ask questions - the reverse (one thread for many questions) is often much worse as it is can be hard to track who is responding to which question. So, how about you shut up and deal with it?
true, just as long as he does his research first (as in, the question wasn't already asked elsewhere on the forum).
And as in a Google search or wikipedia search doesnt yield tons of information.
Ok sorry, I just have been bit mad the last few days (mainly because I lost my calc, I need to stop bringing that up...) <(**)> (>**)> <(**<) <(^^)>

Oh well, SPRING BREAK! (going to Los Angeles =D)

But yeah, by research we mean checking out previous topics and
@Harq

i did notice you were mad......sorry about the calc ;(
clementop wrote:
Careful there!
Ans is affected in this situation.
all for( loops take the number that was inputed, stores it in ans, then stores ans into the variable

goes in a circle.
this is true for a TI83+
i don't know what kind of calc u have, but on mine, it still went thru Ans
That is completely incorrect on any and all z80-based TI OSes.
really? oh well i was talking about basic.....not ASM..
but i guess its wrong as well nvm!

[edit] wait...what am i talking about?!?!?!?
Harq wrote:
Oh well, SPRING BREAK! (going to Los Angeles =D)

Be easy on him guys... I'd be angry too if I had to spend my spring break in LA.
ha ha...that makes things sooo much better...
clementop wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about, ASM doesn't have a for( loop command (well, it does, but its not the same format and you don't actually type for( to use it, and asm doesn't have an Ans per se anyway, but you get the point)
Kllrnohj wrote:
clementop wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about, ASM doesn't have a for( loop command (well, it does, but its not the same format and you don't actually type for( to use it, and asm doesn't have an Ans per se anyway, but you get the point)
Basically, Kllrnohj is saying not to post what appears to be definitive information unless you're sure you're actually correct. Razz
ha ha yeah, or else ill make myself look DUMB.(dur da dur!)....
assume -> makes an ... out of me
You have it wrong. It goes: "When you 'assume' you make an '...' out of 'u' and 'me'".

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours