http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/361/36123.html

Right now, before I start on it, I want your opinions. Do you think I should continue this? Do you think it has potential? What else would you like to see in this game?

Some of the features for the 83+ version:

::Better menu
::Transfer power to systems
::Borg returns fire
::Your vessel has shields
::Your vessel can take damage
::Systems can be affected
::Targeting of Borg systems
::Disabling of Borg systems
::Disabling of your systems
::Regeneration of damaged systems
::Repair teams cause regeneration to speed up
::Same for Borg on Regeneration
::Anything else that I deem is missing from the game...

Edit:

I implore you, play this on an SE calc!! I never realized the game went so fast...
Heck yeah! At last, the project that got me interested in your work in the first place. Smile
Heh, well, after looking over just a portion of the code, it looks like I will be rewriting a good chunk of things, starting with the title menu. Though the code is around 5 years old, I can't help but shudder at the thought of having used Goto commands. >.<
tifreak8x wrote:
Heh, well, after looking over just a portion of the code, it looks like I will be rewriting a good chunk of things, starting with the title menu. Though the code is around 5 years old, I can't help but shudder at the thought of having used Goto commands. >.<
Hehe, it can't be that bad it you managed to make it run so incredibly well on SEs without even trying...
I haven't looked at the engine code yet. This was just the title. We shall see what I get once I have source coder parse the files...
Well, playing with the code for the engine caused me to severely break it. Razz

I did shave off 400bytes though, so that is something. I plan on throwing the code up on sourcecoder, or maybe even graphlink, so I can see more of it at one time to determine what I am messing up that causes it not to detect key presses.
So if you can manage to keep the 400-byte optimization and unbreak the engine, you'll be in good shape. Very Happy
Playing around with wabbitemu, I created this screenshot:

Not that I am taking this up, but this just shows how fast the intro I built on the 83 runs on the 84+SE. Smile
If you do anything, you need to get that circle drawn faster. I'm 102% sure there's a faster way to draw it.
Not to do too much self-promotion, but may I point this out?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/388/38809.html
logic wrote:
haveacalc bans Kerm from Cemetech, too

Move over, Kevin...
haveacalc wrote:
logic wrote:
haveacalc bans Kerm from Cemetech, too

Move over, Kevin...
lol. Notice how that's relevant to the conversation of a faster circle algorithm. Razz
I think Pseduoprogrammer has a fast circle routine...it might be faster than this, I'm not sure since I don't have it on me at the moment.
Well, was thinking about this project today, and thinking of ways to save RAM usage, and was thinking of using celtic2 to store all the line( and circle commands for each move, and use expr( to run the string. That does not work, as the Line( command cannot be used with with expr(. I could, however, copy the data from the data program, create a temp program, and run it from there using Celtic2.

Not really sure yet on how much I will put into this project at this point, still working on pokemon a bit. =p
couldn't you use Celtic III app to do something like that?
tifreak: I think your project ADD is almost as bad as calcy's
rofl, yeah yeah, I know XD

Eeems: no, because that is over kill, celtic2 works just fine.
no I was thinking running the Line( statements and such with it, doesn't it have a function for something like that? But yeah I see your point
Hooray! Can't wait to see progress on this again, I missed you continuing this project. Sad
Well, it is definitely on the todo list. I am going to get a bit more done on pokemon before I concern myself with this, or I might load it to a calc and deal with it. Not sure yet. >.<

Either way, I will definitely post updates as I have them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours