It would be cool if you could create an app similar to omnicalc and symbolic that includes a bunch of math functions that are used. I know that you might say well you dont need things like cotangent because all you have to do is 1/tan to get it but it would still be cool to see something like this created.
No, what would be cool would be something like:

Sprite(x,y,hex

And things like that...
That would be cool too. Or you could have

sprite(x,y,bin/hex,bin/hex

where the unitalicized bin/hex determines if you are using binary or hexidecimal and then the second one is the actuall stuff.
The binary would make for a lengthy string.
true but what if you didnt know how to conver, you would have to force yourself to learn. But my original post said more math functions because what is a calculator for. Graphics functions like what tifreak said would also be cool. Also if it included functions similar to what celtic used.
Or maybe even a convert function Smile
Well, if a person were to use my sprite to hex program, then they wouldn't have any trouble at all with the hex. Razz
You already know I'm going to object to an idea like this on the grounds that it would break compatibility for libless BASIC programs, same as my argument against xLib.
Compatibility? o.O

LOL

If the person had half a brain, they would read the readme, and say "Oh, I need xlib, not a big deal, download, unzip, right click, send to TI-Device etc.

I think if someone were to make an app seperate from everything else to give such things, that would make a lot of happy, n00b programmers Razz
Yeah, but think about all the people who got the game from other people and didn't realize they needed xLib; they'd be all confused and do the n00bish "YOOR PROGRAM SUX IT ARE DOESNT WORK LOL YOU PHAIL AT THE LIFE I HATES EWE."
Then I would still think of them for being morons for not going to the people and asking them how theirs are working but not the n00bs. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
You already know I'm going to object to an idea like this on the grounds that it would break compatibility for libless BASIC programs, same as my argument against xLib.

libless BASIC programs suck. Its only marginally cool that its possible to do some crazy stuff with it, and its +1 cool points if it goes fast, but compare it to an ASM program (which most of the 'n00bs' you are talking about would), and its like, "eww, this game blows".
I agree with Kerm on this one Razz , if you can't do somthing in basic learn asm, libs make sloppy programers. I enjoy challenging myself to make programs faster and better with out xlib. the only libs i agree with useing are math related ones like omnicalc and symbolic.
<edit>Okay, omnicalc isn't totaly math related but those are the only functions I use. I like the sprite idea but compatibility would be a pain
it depends on the lib. I think you can use them and still be a great programmer. When I program, I make a goal not to use a lib, unless necessary. I plan on using resource for my RPG, but that is about it.
rivereye wrote:
it depends on the lib. I think you can use them and still be a great programmer. When I program, I make a goal not to use a lib, unless necessary. I plan on using resource for my RPG, but that is about it.

Unless necessary yea I sort of agree but I avoid makeing programs that it is necessary if I can't do it in basic I don't do it, with a few exceptions like in complex math programs or extreamly complex games.
TheStorm, you're exactly right. xLib programs are like the Java applets to the native executables ASM programs approximate.
TheStorm wrote:
I agree with Kerm on this one Razz , if you can't do somthing in basic learn asm, libs make sloppy programers. I enjoy challenging myself to make programs faster and better with out xlib. the only libs i agree with useing are math related ones like omnicalc and symbolic.
<edit>Okay, omnicalc isn't totaly math related but those are the only functions I use. I like the sprite idea but compatibility would be a pain

Hmm... libs don't always make sloppy programmers, programmers make sloppy programmers :/

I have 3 libs I am using for pokemon, and they all have an individual purpose to the game. I try to make things myself in BASIC first, and was able to make a save system in BASIC, but had to wait nearly 20 minutes for the game to save. With the extra 2 libs I have, it takes less than 2.

So before anyone else makes these "libs sucks" or "libs makes crappy programmers", please know what you are talking about before making said statement.
See in my oppinion this falls under extramely complex games so go ahead but I doubt that that may prople will want to download 3 libs just to play one game, even if its pokemon
I think his libs are regular old asm programs, not apps.
-.-

This is why you include the programs, and documentation of the files. Then there is no seperate downloads, or anything.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours