Yay! It works! My 'custom' calculator<->computer link cable that is. Or at least, its SEEMS to work. Extensive testing has yet to be done as I just finished it, like, 30 minutes ago Very Happy

Specs: CUI v.9 design ( http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~dano/CUI/ ) running a PIC18F4550 connected via USB, piggybacking on the HID driver (so it can run completely in user space on ALL platforms that support USB HID devices, specifically joysticks/gamepads - no drivers to install). The 'tip' is connected to RD0, and the middle is connected to RD1, which show up on the computer as buttons 1 and 2, respectively.

Anyway, here is the demonstration video (it is 44mb): http://www.kllrnohj.com/cemetech/gCn2/MVI_1026.AVI

If you see other 'buttons' being reported as being pressed (or the axis moving or similar), disregard them - it is occurring because they aren't hooked up to anything. Only buttons 1 and 2 are connected.

(and yes, I realize it is a very ugly soldering, wiring, and layout job - but I don't really care as it is now working and its my first one)
That's completely awesome.
Seriously. It is. You go to SB? My sis visited the college. She didnt like it. I did. A lot. Lots of...greenery
What the hell is SB and no I don't go there....
I think he mistakenly assumed you made the first page you linked to.
Ya UCSB is University of California, Santa Barbara. Sorry for the mistake. Still a good college. So...on topic now..
44mb!? Whenever I get a spare 3 hours to download... Rolling Eyes
ooh, me likes the server... I'm getting almost 200KBs here...
foamy3 wrote:
Took 7.2 seconds for me...
alex10819 wrote:
ooh, me likes the server...

You should be able to max out your line no problem.... it is, after all, a paid-for server, not one of them free-hosting deals
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Took 7.2 seconds for me...

Show off. Very Happy If your connection is so good, take a screenshot every 10 seconds and upload them up as jpegs. Wink

...just kidding, by the way. I don't think you would actually do that, but just incase, I don't actually want you to.
I took an animated screenshot with CalcCapture; this time it took 15 seconds. Sad
foamy3 wrote:
Show off. Very Happy If your connection is so good, take a screenshot every 10 seconds and upload them up as jpegs. Wink

...just kidding, by the way. I don't think you would actually do that, but just incase, I don't actually want you to.

Yeah, then it would only take you 1 hour to download Very Happy

If you want pics though, here you go.... (note: taken on my cell phone, so don't expect great quality - I didn't feel like going and busting out the digital camera for this - as I had already put it away after I used it to film the video Very Happy)

http://www.kllrnohj.com/cemetech/gCn2/pics/
Cool! That looks awesome. I'm glad you got it working Smile

And thanks for the pics Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours