Yeah, this has prolly been asked in the past. All the z80/TI83+ tutorials I find are windows based and such. Are there any based around using GNU/Linux tools? I mean, the asm in 28 days tutorial is great..for a windows user. Thanks.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SPASM has a Linux version or can be compiled under Linux.
He's looking for more than just a read me to go with it like example progs to compile under linux, I believe.
KermMartian, If there's a good tutorial on SPASM for linux, I'd be up for it. But I can't find a tutorial , no matter what GNU/Linux compiler, on z80 / TI 83/4.
Z80 isn't going to change based on what platform you are using. The only difference will be how you setup the toolchain (assembler, mainly). Other than that, everything will be the same. Eg, SPASM in Windows is the same as SPASM in Linux. So you won't find a tutorial, instead you just have to read the readme and note any changes/variations based on usage compared to Windows versions
This is the best thing ever.
haveacalc , that looks great, but I'm looking more of a tutorial rather then a reference. I still can't find any Linux based ones
This is also the best thing ever.
secretservgy wrote:
haveacalc , that looks great, but I'm looking more of a tutorial rather then a reference. I still can't find any Linux based ones

Dude, seriously, you DO NOT NEED A LINUX-SPECIFIC TUTORIAL! A windows tutorial == linux tutorial, they will be THE SAME EXCLUDING THE INITIAL SETUP (which the readme for the linux tools will tell you how to do). It all ends up on the calculator, and all comes from the SAME CODE. A program that compiles in windows will compile the exact same in linux, why can you not understand this??
Kllrnohj he wants more info on how to set up the assembler with linux than the readme tells him.
Pssh, if a readme doesn't tell you what you need (prolly wouldn't, anyway), try manpages. If that doesn't work, find it's web site.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours