It takes all but a nanosecond more to double click, when you risk taking up to 10 seconds to start the program, exit, and return to DCS. Another idea is double click Clear to exit.
It takes more than a nanosecond to double click... I'd place it at more like 400milliseconds...
Loel. Regardless it doesnt take much time at all, and displaying information on 1 click would be a nice addition.
Make it optional in the mouse config dialog Smile
Or just make it a function of progDesc, which makes it totally optional.
Faster mouse speed would be nice.
I accidentally quit out a lot, too, but I like having a simple keyboard command out of it. Maybe something harder to accidentally hit, like clear+del?
Double clicking seems kind of useless unless you have a function for a single click (like a description)
KermMartian wrote:
:: Clear=quit: That's fairly standard across most calculator programs with the exception of MOS...

Exactly, thats the problem. Its too easy to mistakenly think you didn't push it, or that you should push it (for example to get rid of a basic execution error), only to then have DCS itself quit. Thats why DCS should have something OTHER than clear to exit - as everything else uses clear. Perhaps using 'MODE' like MOS does?
I think DCS should either clear the screen (like MOS does) or display a message when a program is quitting/writing back.
mode is way too close to 2nd....
Btw Kerm is that Crash option an easter egg you put in there for kicks?
It's open-source; why don't you find out for yourself? Very Happy
Lol I finally got that crash menu today and pressed crash. Ima not gonna spoil it fer other folks though.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
0x5 I finally got that crash menu today and pressed crash. Ima not gonna spoil it fer other folks though.

how'd you crash it? I seem to be unable to crash DCS anymore.....
With the CMASTER thing, there should be two copies of the prog in the zip folder send the other one and it should work. (I've had this issue with other progs dcs thinks are basic.)
Increase mouse speed Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Double click good idea but only if you can find something to do for single click
Maybe have the pause run indicator going when dcs is waiting after a basic prog.
TheStorm wrote:
Maybe have the pause run indicator going when dcs is waiting after a basic prog.

Indeed, it can be confusing if the run indicator is going and nothing is going on.
Just write AAh to 8477h (indicBusy) for the 'paused' indicator, then F0h for 'busy'
Kerm, I searched through the source code for the word crash

And I did not find any funny comment lines at all =P

Or is the source not updated? (Some of the files haven't been touched in a while according to the server...)
Oh, it's plenty updated. I never guaranteed that the crash screen is in plaintext, though. Very Happy
So I take it I'm never going to find out what happens.....ah well.

Actually, I'd just like to point out that whenever I disable "Turn DCS on at startup", the two options below it disable too.
Hey Kerm, what decides if you are going to get the 'crash' screen in the first place?
Maybe when an unsupported call is called...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours