Would you do it for a Scooby snack?

All I have to say is LOL.
foamy3 wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
"We have a mystery to solve, gang!"

Would you do it for a Scooby snack?

Rooby rack? Scooby-Dooby-Doo!

Laughing

Anyway..... [idiot]Can calcs link to each other thru DCS? It doesn't work for me. [/idiot]
Not thropugh DCS directly. I think games like tetris a Bomberkids can work (haven't tried it yet) will work because they utilize the link port directly by using some of the rom calls (correct me if i'm wrong, i dont program ASM, just basic. I understand how it orks though, just not enough to write the code). DCS6 does contain start menu ption of "LINK". No, this is not a Zelda game. This is a setup for theup-an-coming CALCnet2, a calculator network that is based over the internet. KermMartian is currently working on the silverlink version of the program, btu don't get your hopes up. He last saud it would work in about a month.

So yes, DCS does have a link, just to use it, you need to wait for the code to be perfected (or be good enopugh to use) Smile

Hope I helped.

I think I did....

Angel14995- The Angel of Chaos.
Angel14995 wrote:
This is a setup for theup-an-coming CALCnet2, a calculator network that is based over the internet. KermMartian is currently working on the silverlink version of the program, btu don't get your hopes up. He last saud it would work in about a month.

Did you get that from Kerm? He and I left it with me working on trying to get some sort of computer-side interface, and he was perfecting the CALCnet2 (which is not the internet based part). CN2 is purely calc<->calc and doesn't use the silverlink, and I believe he said it does indeed work in DCS 6. gCn is the internet side, and it doesn't use the silverlink either, or at least thats what we had left it at, I'm not sure if he has reconsidered that or not, as I haven't talked to him about it for a while now.
Two bug reports. Sad
1. I made a folder called SUBPROGS/DATA (to long I know so it shows up as SUBPROGS) the I messed around with archiving it locking it and rearchiving it, then I renamed it as SUB/DATA and DCS thought it was a Basic Prog. wtf?
2. This might be MSD8x's fault. I was in DCS and it powered down the with out thinking I put in my flash drive nothing happened so I took it out and turned on the calc and it crashed.
TheStorm wrote:
Two bug reports. Sad
1. I made a folder called SUBPROGS/DATA (too long I know SO it shows up as SUBPROGS) the I messed around with archiving it locking it and rearchiving it, then I renamed it as SUB/DATA and DCS thought it was a Basic Prog. wtf?

Same thing happened to me. I renamed my folder from Misc to Other and it turned into a BASIC prog with this as the code:

:MISC????
Kllrnohj wrote:
Angel14995 wrote:
This is a setup for theup-an-coming CALCnet2, a calculator network that is based over the internet. KermMartian is currently working on the silverlink version of the program, btu don't get your hopes up. He last saud it would work in about a month.

Did you get that from Kerm? He and I left it with me working on trying to get some sort of computer-side interface, and he was perfecting the CALCnet2 (which is not the internet based part). CN2 is purely calc<->calc and doesn't use the silverlink, and I believe he said it does indeed work in DCS 6. gCn is the internet side, and it doesn't use the silverlink either, or at least thats what we had left it at, I'm not sure if he has reconsidered that or not, as I haven't talked to him about it for a while now.

OK, wrong thing. It was either CN2 or gCn or something like that. All that I wrote was basically what I have picked up during the days i have been looking around the forum and the wiki. I was trying to get somethign to work, just explain the Link option in DCS as best as i could with the limited knowledge I have.

Sorry, I didn't mean to mix some stuff up, but when there are like [hyperbole] 20 different sets of letters to create a single set [/hyperbole], I get mixed up sometimes.
Cn2 = calculator to calculator
gCn = Cn2 to Internet and Cn2.

In other words, Cn2 is like the network between individual calculators, then gCn is a "meta-network" of Cn2 networks.
SEE! gCn has the letters of Cn2, just no 2 or g common. I think i got it.

And plus, why does whenever i link to my TI 83+ with Doors 6 on it, it just says taht nothing happens? I have enabld the option..
Hmm? Can you explain that a bit more?
Whenever i go into DCS6, which does have some bugs but will hopefully be fixed soon, i hlways have the "'Enable CALCnet2 and gCn" option enabled. When linking between my 83+ that has teh same setup (I have a 84+SE and 83+) through and I/O link cable, it says that CALCnet2 is active, even when i do it without a link. Maybe somethg should be done so that only when there is teh possiblity of data transfer thath it says that Cn2 is active....

W()()T! Advanced Newbie now!
CALCnet2 active only means that the service is running on your calculator, not that there's anything to connect to. Specific programs have to request use of Cn2 for it to do anything.
ok, gotcha Very Happy

And you really need to fix that options menu bug... its getting annoying
Angel14995 wrote:
ok, gotcha Very Happy

And you really need to fix that options menu bug... its getting annoying

bug? What bug?
DCS doesn't have any bugs (that I know of)
He's talking about an isolated aesthetics thing that doesn't affect functionality at all.
for some reason, i don;'t know if it is only my version or not, the options menu 2nd to bottom button is messed up so much i don't know what it says anymore...

thats about it that i have foud, there are probably more on this thread we have talked about
That should have been fixed, right Kerm? Maybe you ought to delete the App Vars and either see if that does it or redownload DCS6
KeithJohansen wrote:
That should have been fixed, right Kerm? Maybe you ought to delete the App Vars and either see if that does it or redownload DCS6

Maybe you should just let Kerm answer instead of taking wild guesses as to the reason and/or solution.
KeithJohansen wrote:

Tried, tried, for some reason, after a while, it always reverts to the glitch box....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours