Does that mean my idea would be possible, even though the idea itself sounds kinda stupid?
Yes, it would be very possible. I could probably run thousands of filters with no noticeable delay to SAX. Razz
hmm. nice. I'm happy one of my ideas can actually work, although it is not a great one.
So now for the important part--how many times can I 'talk' in ten seconds? Razz
How about if you maintain 1 message per second or higher for at least 5 messages, you can't talk for 30 seconds?
I was going to suggest 3 consecutive messages per 5 seconds.
Yeah, I prefer the consecutive message limitation, since you could be holding a (very fast) conversation.
Doubtful... SAX doesn't move that fast... I mean, SAX takes over a second to add a new message for me...
It only refreshes on your screen every few seconds actually, it isn't exactly live...
For me, it depends. The first one or two 'talks' when I first come to the page are slow, but after that it feels live. It's instant.
when could you put up a more strict filter, Kerm?
alex10819 wrote:
Doubtful... SAX doesn't move that fast... I mean, SAX takes over a second to add a new message for me...

the update in the file generally takes about a quarter second or less, its the update on screen thats slow.
Xphoenix wrote:
For me, it depends. The first one or two 'talks' when I first come to the page are slow, but after that it feels live. It's instant.
That's because it automatically modifies its fetch speed based on the volume of activity happening.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours