I meant built in Razz.
Scrap xLib, DCS should be an ASM library. Razz
Speler: if you think you can fix xLib into 700 bytes, then good luck with it. Razz
My thought would be to Have a APP se that would work with DCS but be optional to have on the calc. Then have the app be DCSLib or something and have comands like DCSMOUSE and the like for basic programers.
I was kidding about a DCS library. I think libraries are bad. Rolling Eyes
Well currently there arent any real 'shell libraries' as in you install the shell and a library comes with it, but it wouldnt make a difference to have a 'shell library' because if the program was say, dcs specific, you couldnt play it outside of dcs, and the library was already installed, it would like the library didnt exist, except for the souped up program =D
Well either way, I was joking. Rolling Eyes
Sting::Ray wrote:

I don't see how you can possibly think libraries are bad. ION, MOS, DCS, etc... all have their own ASM libraries, yet I don't see you complaining about that. What possible justification do you have for declaring libraries as "bad"?
Kllrnohj wrote:

I don't see how you can possibly think libraries are bad. ION, MOS, DCS, etc... all have their own ASM libraries, yet I don't see you complaining about that. What possible justification do you have for declaring libraries as "bad"?

I agree. They help you a lot (especially in BASIC programs!). I don't see how it is possible to hate those helpful libraies!
Pugboy wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

I agree. They help you a lot (especially in BASIC programs!). I don't see how it is possible to hate those helpful libraies!
And they're even more helpful in ASM. Libraries are definitely the way to go - the only possible downside is that you have to make sure the end user has the proper library or libraries on their device.
Ugh. I said the wrong thing.
I was saying that I wasn't keen on ASM libraries being used in BASIC, like xLib. I don't really know why, but I just don't like ASM libraries being used in BASIC. Confused
Ugh. I said the wrong thing.
I was saying that I wasn't keen on ASM libraries being used in BASIC, like xLib. I don't really know why, but I just don't like ASM libraries being used in BASIC. Confused
Ah, that makes sense. I feel the exact same way, although I know some of my colleagues disagree with me. Nevertheless, I'm considering giving experienced BASIC programmers direct access to the DCS ASM routines - probably a bad idea, right? Very Happy
I wouldn't mind being able to access DCS ASM routines, but I'm not to much of an "experienced BASIC programmer" Laughing
rax14207 wrote:
I wouldn't mind being able to access DCS ASM routines, but I'm not to much of an "experienced BASIC programmer" 0x5
Heh. Obviously, I'd be exposing the user's calculator to crashing if the BASIC programmer didn't know what he/she was doing is what I was saying. I'd allow stuff like 3-->B:16789-->J:[trigger token].
Doesn't the 84 series OS's contain two commands like ExecLib and OpenLib? Would and could they help basic programmers, or do we not know enough about those two commands yet?
Angel14995 wrote:
Doesn't the 84 series OS's contain two commands like ExecLib and OpenLib? Would and could they help basic programmers, or do we not know enough about those two commands yet?
Oh, we know enough, but that would block 83+ users from the libraries.
KK, just a thought. Maybe we could find a work around that willl function on the 83+ the same as ExecLib and OpenLib(?

And all I know is some gibberish that the TI CARES rep gave me a couple weeks back...
Angel14995 wrote:
KK, just a thought. Maybe we could find a work around that willl function on the 83+ the same as ExecLib and OpenLib(?

And all I know is some gibberish that the TI CARES rep gave me a couple weeks back...
I don't see any post in coming up with a workaround if we can just use a parserHook, same as omnicalc and xLib.
However, Kerm, if I ever used an ASM library, it would be DCS. Smile

That is, if I don't just put on my safety gear and learn ASM. Cool
If there was some way you could add new commands to the catalog for some window opening stuff, that would be cool! (However, not very likely...)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours