Harq wrote:
Sting::Ray wrote:
Looking at a lot of the recent threads, we seem to have fallen into a grammar war. I'll stay to the sidelines and watch. Smile

Speaking of which, Kerm, how's Invalid Tangram going?

*fight fight fight*

So far I haven't been attacked on Grammar Very Happy

Work on Tangram! Do you have any progress?
Erm, I just answered in the post directly above yours. Razz Anyone know where I can get a fast clipped, masked LargeSprite? I don't feel like spending the 2-3 hours to write it.
Also, a loading message when starting up DCS. I thought my calc had crashed when I used the key hook to load DCS. It takes longer than normal Smile
Pugboy wrote:
Also, a loading message when starting up DCS. I thought my calc had crashed when I used the key hook to load DCS. It takes longer than normal Smile
Eh, how much longer are we talking about? I can't imagine it took more than 1/2 a second unless it had some defragmenting to do...
~3.5 seconds for me. Same as from apps menu on my 84+SE with 2.41.
foamy3 wrote:
~3.5 seconds for me. Same as from apps menu on my 84+SE with 2.41.
3.5 seconds every time?? Any idea why this might be?
Wow... DCS takes 5 seconds for me. I also have a TI84 +SE with OS 2.41. Could it have something to do with omnicalc and mirage (both of which I have on my calculator)?
Foamy and rax, go to the Display menu and turn off sorting. I'm curious if that makes it load faster for you. If not, there's a different issue.
KermMartian wrote:
Foamy and rax, go to the Display menu and turn off sorting. I'm curious if that makes it load faster for you. If not, there's a different issue.

Doing that helped me. It know loads in under a second. Thanks Kerm.
Definitely helped. Now it's about 2 seconds.
6 and 7 for me! I have the max # of programs DCS can handle though...
I would not mind DCS being three pages as long as it replaces xLIB and Krolypto. That way, everything all-in-one -- you don't waste an extra 48k of space having all three apps on your calc, and you don't have to start sacrificing archived programs until there's about 70k free to trying to transfer all three Apps (this happens to me ALL the time -- I'll get one app or two of the apps transferred and the third one will want more memory even after freeing up almost 20-70k). And BASIC users will be able to get access to the GUI "goodiness" and whatever other libs DCS has to offer.

If DCS got to this point I could save a couple of thousand bytes in my programs -- and especially PyroEdit -- since I don't have to make GUI routines (the ones that I'm implementing in PyroEdit 4.0 are not very small).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours