As far as something to add, I think that the text under the "Online Users" subheader should depend on who's on the SAX, not just Cemetech.
why the f*** would you make it an .exe? that excludes everyone who doesn't use windows, and there's no point in making this something that works offline anyway.
elfprince13 wrote:
why the f*** would you make it an .exe? that excludes everyone who doesn't use windows, and there's no point in making this something that works offline anyway.
What he said. Smile
Ok, forget what I said about the filetype.

Still, I think it would be kindof useful, some of us (at least me) don't like to be forced to use a web-browser to chat. I would rather have a stand alone program that is devoted to this. Other features could be added, like an rss reader that would have a list of the feed from each site since you last looked, if they had one. Also you could have an option to log the stuff while your computer is on and connected to the internet, and store it to a .txt file with the date (I hate when I miss the edge of a conversation because I wasn't looking at SAX Very Happy )
Me needs this for my forum Smile
Pugboy wrote:
Me needs this for my forum Smile
You mean ticalcs?
That, and Pug Programming. We are gathering some members Smile
TICALCS2 is Vladik's site pugboy... Not yours Smile
Xphoenix wrote:
TICALCS2 is Vladik's site pugboy... Not yours Smile

I know. I never said that I would do it at TICALCS2... (Although Vladik said somthing about not taking over his site a while back... Laughing )
Harq wrote:

Still, I think it would be kindof useful, some of us (at least me) don't like to be forced to use a web-browser to chat. I would rather have a stand alone program that is devoted to this. Other features could be added, like an rss reader that would have a list of the feed from each site since you last looked, if they had one. Also you could have an option to log the stuff while your computer is on and connected to the internet, and store it to a .txt file with the date (I hate when I miss the edge of a conversation because I wasn't looking at SAX Very Happy )

They already have a standalone client. Its called IRC Rolling Eyes (oh, and any decent IRC client can log the conversation for you, as well).
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:

They already have a standalone client. Its called IRC Rolling Eyes (oh, and any decent IRC client can log the conversation for you, as well).
Not to mention you can already use tiSAX from IRC - it's #cemetech on irc.efnet.net.
kind of cool, but you do need to try and get my sites sessions going (maybe it is because of the unique board though).
rivereye wrote:
kind of cool, but you do need to try and get my sites sessions going (maybe it is because of the unique board though).
What are you talking about? Everything I tested on your site seemed to work fine as far as I could tell...
saxjax died.
Insanity wrote:
saxjax died.
Not unexpected. I believe that elfprince is still working on getting saxJax up to speed on the new system. Smile
Oh yeah I forgot:

Can't you add saxjax to Omnimaga, UnitedTI, and TCPA IRC rooms? That would make for an even larger community even if they can't put SAX on their sites.
its planned, at least for Omni, UTI, RS and MC.

somehow I have a feeling TCPA wouldn't be thrilled....
I think that 8 forums would be about good, anymore, and I think there may be too many to keep track of. Rolling Eyes
elfprince13 wrote:
its planned, at least for Omni, UTI, RS and MC.

somehow I have a feeling TCPA wouldn't be thrilled....
#tcpa would go ape over the posts; they _might_ tolerate the talking given enough time to acclimate to it, but it would be a struggle.
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:
What are you talking about? Everything I tested on your site seemed to work fine as far as I could tell...

it doesn't say when someone new enters my site.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours