I watched this movie on Saturday. The graphics and fighting was great but i didn't like the plot in any way or how all the characters were changed dramatically; not anything like the first movie. To me, it dragged on way too long.
I also had a few problems with certain parts of the movie:
(it will be in white to keep the movie a surprise if you haven't seen it yet)
[begin spoiler]

1. it seemed a bit random that the British found Davie Jones' heart and threatened him with it.
2. Why did Elizabeth have to be the queen of the pirates? she doesn't seem like a good candidate.
3. random rock/crabs?? what's up with that? is there symbolism i don't get?
4. will turner the new captain of the ship? stuuupid.
5. the British retreat when ONE of their ships is destroyed? they had a 1000 ship advantage!!!!

[end spoiler]

please understand that this is just my opinion. alot of people at my school loved it. feel free to say what you want about the movie. make sure you hide some info though....
i agree slightly but maybe this will help.
[begin spoiler]
1. second movie
2. i agree but jack wanted them to go out and fight so he suported the person that wanted that.
3. the crabs were under the control of Calypso- spelling thanks to elfprince13
4. it saved his life but it was stupid
5. the leader was dead so they lost all organization plus they were all afraid of the flying Dutchman

[end spoiler]
TheStorm wrote:
i agree slightly but maybe this will help.
[begin spoiler]
1. second movie
2. i agree but jack wanted them to go out and fight so he suported the person that wanted that.
3. the crabs were under the control of kolipso- hoever you spell that
4. it saved his life but it was stupid
5. the leader was dead so they lost all organization plus they were all afraid of the flying Dutchman

[end spoiler]

Calypso silly.
An addition to Storm's answer to #4:
[begin spoiler]
4. The first movie shows Will start out as a blacksmith but then (kind of) become a pirate. The second shows his struggle between the two roles. The third shows his nice, happy ending.
[end spoiler]
Hey guys, I'm gonna probably go see this movie sometime this week, I just wanted to thank you for putting the spoilers in white. Smile
you're welcome! I knew at least one person had not seen it! Very Happy
I never saw the second. I heard it sucked.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
The second one was much worse than the first. I haven't seen past the first 25 minutes of this latest one, but it sounds equally horrendus.
The second one was... a bit convoluted. Rolling Eyes

As always, though, the special effects were Great! Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
The second one was much worse than the first. I haven't seen past the first 25 minutes of this latest one, but it sounds equally horrendus.

Not as horrendus as Spiderman 3. Waaaaaaaaay too long and boring...
Yeah, to much MJ. Neutral
actually, the third one is a lot better than the second, I think it even beats the first! Laughing
I thought it was better than the other ones as well; I just thought there was too much MJ!
Sting::Ray wrote:
I thought it was better than the other ones as well; I just thought there was too much MJ!
Yeah, on one hand I see what you're saying, on the other hand... too much MJ? Hehe, like that's possible.
I can't decide whether the 2nd or 3rd is better, but they both beat the first. Smile

Edit: I mean SpiderMan, I wouldn't know about POTC.
the_m0053 wrote:
Not as horrendus as Spiderman 3. Waaaaaaaaay too long and boring...

Oh-ho, I beg to differ there...I'm a Spider-Man nut, loved all three movies. I think you had to feel a real connection to the first two to like it.

As far as Pirates of the Carribbean, it was okay, I guess. I'm getting really tired of not seeing some closure with all the characters, so this'll be the last time I go to the theater for it and spend good money on it.
true this movie had no closure for any of the chricters and why did Davy Jones have to die and have turner take his place it just doesn't fit how will they make a sequel if he can only touch land every 10 years.
Davy Jones couldn't touch land, either, as I understand it...remember when he was on that stretch of land with Jack, Elizabeth, and Will, and he was standing in that bucket? The same with why he sent his henchmen to go get the chest in the second movie, instead of going himself.
Yeah, the only drawback to being a mutant monster. Razz
TheStorm wrote:
true this movie had no closure for any of the characters

Seriously...i hate how they do that just to be able to make another movie if they feel like it. It's just stupid. I would have to say knowing that the pirates movies have been getting worse every time that the 4th (if they make one, which i hope they don't) would be really, really horrible. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours