Um, if no one knows yet, I'm responsible for the endless list of "Invalid type argument!" And I'm sorry for that. Right now Swivelgames.com is down for maintenance and will not be up for a long time. I'm re-modding my version of SAX to use a local file instead of using tiSAX for a while until I can fix this problem. That way tiSAX will not suffer. If this happens again I will personally remove any trace of tiSAX off my site. It will not happen again, and I am VERY sorry.
It happened again.. Do you know why? Because someone accessed my file system via ftp and change the files back...

They deleted my index.php and renamed my _index.php to index.php

the only one with that ability is Kerm. I went a head and accused Kerm of doing it in SAX because I got out of control, because I was pissed at myself, and it happened again so I got pissed at who ever did it again.

My question is, who did it again? Why did they change my files back, and if not Kerm, then who else has access to my FTP or File system?
h4><x0rz
I was recently informed that it was not Kerm, but one of my web hosts customer service members decided to take the opportunity to 'help' me because he saw that I had

1) A 404 (index.php I renamed to _index.php)
2) A few PHP errors.

So he renamed all the files that I added an underscore to, back to what they originally were, and made the error reoccur.

::EDIT::

Heres the conversation:
This was posted before my SAX problem occurred.
Quote:
This is Joseph Dalrymple. I am outstanded by the Customer Service that I have received. My only problem is server uptime. My website is constantly down, its down more then any site I know of. It'll up for a while, maybe from an hour to 5 hours and then it goes down for 5mins. And on and on, and it just loops like this. So, I've decided to change web hosts. I need to know if I can have control over my domain, so that I can change nameservers and what not when I need to. I have tried many times, and I'm not able to access the domain management area. Why not? Its my domain, why can't I manage it?I've needed to manage it before, and wasn't able to, but now I really need to. Please send me my username and password for my domain.I need this information as soon as possible, I'm changing hosts as soon as possible. The downtime is outrageous, and I need to switch nameservers. I do not want the customer service to do it either. I would like to have control over the domain that I own. Thanks.

After it occurred and reoccurred:
Quote:
Hi,

As we checked your problem was not related to our server.You had webprogramming problem.
The files name that you have put in your index.php, is different from the ones that you had uploaded.We changed "_sax.php" to "sax.php" in includes directory and "_sax_sessions.php" to "sax_sessions.php" in public_html directory.
Please check it after clearing your internet
browsers cache (CTRL + F5).

Also we sent your domain login information to "***@***.com" email.

If you want to change your domain information please do these steps:

http://canaca.com/domain-R.htm -> Domain Management area ->enter your domain username/password ->Admin

Best Regards,
Canaca-Com Inc. Technical Support.
My Reply:
Quote:
Thank you, but the issue you just addressed about sax.php and those files was a different issue. Those files were changed to there names for a reason. The reason being that those files contained errors that needed to be changed before being renamed and republished. Those files create a link between many different servers and by renaming my files you just got rid of some very important file history. The error I was trying to prevent you just told to reoccur, and now I have a bigger problem on MY hands. I now have to fix the files you just damaged and now I have to explain to all the other networked sites what went on. And thats not going to be easy, nor fun. I would appreciate it if you would address the problem to me FIRST, before taking action and changing MY files.

My issue before was that I did not have access to the domain manager like I wanted to, and that your server was going down constantly. It was not a PHP error, and it was not a file error. It was a problem with your server, and me managing my domain.
That really sucks...
I'm insulted that you would immediately assume it was my fault. Razz I would, however, be happy to take a look at it if you want...
KermMartian wrote:
I'm insulted that you would immediately assume it was my fault. Razz I would, however, be happy to take a look at it if you want...

Hey, it was a logical assumption though. I mean, what web hosting company would modify your files? Yeesh, get rid of them in a hurry man...
I would have though of people who had FTP access, not the hosting company.
I'm sorry for accusing you Kerm, but the only reason being is that you were the only person with unlimited access to all directories on my site via FTP. All the others were had a quota and a directory. I tried not to accuse you but it was the first thing that I did.

And right now, the problem is a simple loop that I created through SAX, which originally made SAX repeatedly say that I entered the room. This is easily fixed by putting an if statement in or something.

I've been looking to change hosts for a while and this has pretty much sealed it. They gave me the information I need for my domain name and now I can back up my site, tell them to delete my account and goto the new host I'm thinking of using.

http://www.uswdh.com/
I love the hosting company I have: www.surpasshosting.com (I have the oc5 shared plan)

Remember, you get what you pay for (this is especially true of web hosts).

EDIT: and that uswdh or whatever looks a little iffy to me...
Wow, nice. I'll have to check them out.
hmm, with all of the apologizing going around, I suppose I'll join in. Razz I'm sorry (For what I don't know, but I am. Razz )

To stay on topic...Swivel, I took a look at your site (A little while ago.) Great job man! Very Happy
you could look under www.hostzerocost.com they offer 10GB off storage and 10GB off Bandwitch for free... with php and many other stuff look under it..
Hmm, nice. But how do I view the upgrades or the different packages?
swivelgames wrote:
Hmm, nice. But how do I view the upgrades or the different packages?

You don't like downtime and poor support, so you start looking at free options? Kind of taking a step backwards there, but whatever...
Upgrades are different packages usually aren't free...
Regardless, I already have my eye set on another host other then that one. I'm looking at making a free account for my little brother so he can get good at PHP and using MySQL and what not.
If you are getting your own host just give him a subdomain on your web host and set a quota. Real easy to do with a web host that gives you cPanel (such as surpasshosting.com Very Happy )
Yes, thats what I have been doing. Its not hard, I understand that, but I would rather have him have his own site then use my space. Wink
kllrnohj, how many databases are you allowed on a hosting plan?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours