Got it?
Halo 3
 14%  [ 3 ]
No
 85%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 21

Did you get it? Do you plan to miss previous engagements like school to play?
I will prolly head home around lunch or so, and spend some time with it. I played it for about 2 hours this morning, and then when I woke up at 7:30, played for another 40 minutes. Razz
tifreak8x wrote:
I will prolly head home around lunch or so, and spend some time with it. I played it for about 2 hours this morning, and then when I woke up at 7:30, played for another 40 minutes. Razz
Hehe, nice. What's your verdict on it so far; does it live up to the hype?
Well...

They changed the Grunts' voices, not happy about that. The shotgun only holds... 8 shots in the chamber at once? It used to be far more. They added some cooler guns to it, and pretty much made everything in halo 1 and 2 available to use. You get to see more stuff blown up, which of course is cool. The AI, Cortona, is not around to talk to you, which sucks. :/ She was always so cool. It is also kinda wierd having the Arbiter fight along side you in the begining, but also kinda cool.

So far, it gets a 8/10. That will most definitely change as I progress through the game.
News flash: Halo 1 and 2 both sucked. Hard. Granted, they were good for the xbox, but compare them to a proper online shooter like Battlefield or Unreal Tournament and Halo is just horrendous. So why would Halo 3 be any different?

Besides, the Wii r0xx0rz the 360's face. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption >>>>>> Halo 3. Razz No, but seriously, MP3 totally rocks - it is one of the most polished games I've played in recent memory, with extremely minute attention to detail. Its great, so in all likelihood it probably does totally kick Halo 3's butt.
I don't own a Xbox, let alone a 360, but I heard that it is amazing. I thought that a lot of people would skip today and tommorrow, mostly tommorrow, but we will find out...

Oh yeah...
Apperently MC and Sarge die... so funny.
Halo is overhyped and overrated. Seriously. Give me one good reason I want it over Unreal Tournament, Crysis, or any other shooter? It revolutionized shooters... On the consoles, computer games already had everything it introduced (If it did indeed introduce anything...)
Harq wrote:
Halo is overhyped and overrated. Seriously. Give me one good reason I want it over Unreal Tournament, Crysis, or any other shooter? It revolutionized shooters... On the consoles, computer games already had everything it introduced (If it did indeed introduce anything...)

See, thats the misconception that pisses me off. Halo didn't introduce ANYTHING NEW EVEN TO CONSOLES. It was a total cookie-cutter game. The levels were uninspired (It was glaringly obvious that they were copy/pasted together, with enemies behind the same pillar/corner every time with everything looking nearly identical). Multiplayer was just OK (watered down BF1942 w/ fewer people), the game play was about as "mainstream" as you could get. Halo sucked. The only reason it got any recognition at all is because it just sucked the least of all the xbox games.

Hell, Halo 1 and 2 aren't even any FUN. Ever time I play them I can't help but thinking how incredibly bored I am (and yes I've tried the "totally awesome ZOMG LAN LOL!!!" - it still sucked). Then again, the only time I've ever had a shooter actually *work* on a console was on the Wii - joysticks suck for aiming. Period.

The PS2 had shooters much more exciting and new before Halo came out - such as Red Faction (deformable environments anyone?).
I have played Unreal, but I didn't like it that much. I do have to agree that Battlefield is a good game, but a lot of their campaigns are not that great.

Halo 3 is one of the really good HD and surround sound games... I would prefer that you could dual wield some of the weapons that you can't now, but 2 Needlers are really powerful... I always thought the shotgun had a clip of 8, but I could be wrong.
I was never a big Halo 2 fan, but I loved Halo on PC. I prefer Unreal Tournament 2004 deathmatches, but for CTF, single player, or anything involving vehicles, I definitely choose Halo.

And yes, Red Faction was amazing. I never played the second one, but I really enjoyed the first one. I think that was the first FPS I ever actually played the whole way through.
Pugboy: You don't like UT2004? How can you deny the utter pwnage that is UT? I enjoy playing it, anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
Pugboy: You don't like UT2004? How can you deny the utter pwnage that is UT? I enjoy playing it, anyway.

He did say "Unreal", not "Unreal Tournament" - Unreal is a single player focused game - much like Quake 2 was.

@Pugboy: Don't even mention "HD" when talking about console games in the same context as PC games. Why? Because PCs have had "beyond-HD" resolutions for YEARS now. HD isn't all that high-def, with 1080p coming in at 1920x1080. That doesn't sound all that impressive now, does it? A 30+inch screen managing 1920x1080, omg! Too bad my mid-range, totally not fancy Thinkpad has the same resolution with a 15.4in screen Rolling Eyes
Yeah, Halo was fun in the multiplayer just for a couple of people on the same skill level (me and my friends), but nothing special. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 keeps my attention better, for there are more specialized classes, resulting in (for me atleast) a more complex way to look at the game.

On the topic of FPS, I have been playing this TPS (Third Person Shooter), GunZ: The Duel Online for a while, and its pretty fun. Try it out.
@Kllrnohj: No, I'm pretty sure he meant Unreal Tournament when he said Unreal, not the original Unreal. I am of course cognizent of the difference between the two, and it just doesnt' seem logical to me that he'd be talking about the old program. That said, I've found the Unreal Tournament modes of LAN/Internet deathmatch and Onslaught to be the most fun, although Assault can also be fun every once in a while.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Too bad my mid-range, totally not fancy Thinkpad has the same resolution with a 15.4in screen Rolling Eyes

The irony is that it probably looks better on the smaller screen. "HD" is just so they can blow the image up, but it still sucks Very Happy

Maybe if that Tera disk ever comes out we can have films in their original format (usually 4096x2160 or 2048x1080). Wasn't there also something about 250 gb blue-ray disks?
Hehe, I'm working on finishing my setup for 3,342x768 on three monitors Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Hehe, I'm working on finishing my setup for 3,342x768 on three monitors Very Happy

Weak, I've see like 50 monitor set ups that wrap partially around you - and they had Quake 3 running on it Smile
a!! I really need to get a better comp.
TheStorm wrote:
<font color=red>censored</font>!! I really need to get a better comp.

*better 25 more computers. The set up was 50 monitors, 2 hooked up per desktop all connected via LAN. They were running Linux, of course Smile
I've got my tablet powering its own 1280x768 widescreen and an external 1280x1024 monitor, then a second 1280x1024 monitor running Maxivista on a tiny miniatx board glued to the back of the monitor.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours