Got it?
Halo 3
 14%  [ 3 ]
No
 85%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 21

Angel14995 wrote:
I don't own a Xbox, let alone a 360, but I heard that it is amazing. I thought that a lot of people would skip today and tommorrow, mostly tommorrow, but we will find out...

Oh yeah...
Apperently MC and Sarge die... so funny.

not quite

<spoiler>
Sarge is killed by Guilty Spark when he tries to activate the new Halo to destroy the flood. Guilty Spark does this because he knows that the new halo will break apart if it fires before full completion. MC is just lost in space with Cortana because for some reason half of the ship dropped out of slipspace early, so only arbiter makes it back. Kinda like getting splinched while apparating/disapparating
</spoiler>
Harq wrote:
Some people have played the beta on amd 3800's and lower end graphic cards... I will try to find the source later...

Yes, but I've also heard the beta is lacking several major features - such as the super advanced physics that lets you shoot down trees and interact with non-vehicle objects.

Oh, and I found this quote telling... (From a bit-tech.net crysis multiplayer beta "review")

Quote:
Even on medium our system struggled a bit though and, just so you know, this isn’t exactly a weak PC. It’s the system I use to test all my games on – 2GB of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB. In the end I had to take advantage of Tim being away at IDF and I stole one of his 8800 Ultras in order to play the game – but even then the framerate was still woefully low.
But when was the tested? Was the game in Alpha stage? Because I think they have since been working on speed a lot...
Harq wrote:
But when was the tested? Was the game in Alpha stage? Because I think they have since been working on speed a lot...

Um... Let me check... No, I did indeed post that it was the public multiplayer beta that that quote applied to. Please try reading better next time, kthx. Smile
Looks like the final specs have been released =)

http://www.crysis-online.com/
http://www.crysis-online.com/?id=421
wow, those are some high requirements. My computer doesn't meet it because of Vista. I have a 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, beyond that, I meed them. Maybe I go off and get an XP disk then and dual boot.
rivereye wrote:
wow, those are some high requirements. My computer doesn't meet it because of Vista. I have a 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, beyond that, I meed them. Maybe I go off and get an XP disk then and dual boot.

2ghz core 2 duo easily meets the minimum requirements... (hell, you meet the recommended in that regard... o.0 )
Quote:
Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista)

I run Vista, and those are listed under Minimum.
rivereye wrote:
Quote:

And you have a Core 2 Duo - correct? Core != Core 2. The Core 2 is the new hotness, the Core is the old busted.
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:
Quote:

And you have a Core 2 Duo - correct? Core != Core 2. The Core 2 is the new hotness, the Core is the old busted.
Hmm, we have a quote from MIB 2 Cool
JoostinOnline wrote:
Hmm, we have a quote from MIB 2 Cool

Yeah, my first day of relational databases (today) the teacher played will smith's getting jiggy with it - so of course I thought of MIB 2 Very Happy
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:
Quote:

Ok, for some reason I kept seeing Core 2 2.2Ghz, not Core 2.2Ghz.
You should also remember it says Intel Core, not Intel Core Duo. Wink

The system requirements actually were lower than I thought they would be. Heck, I could play that game on a laptop that costs $850 (through a couple of business loopholes I learned from my dad)!
Delnar_Ersike wrote:

The system requirements actually were lower than I thought they would be. Heck, I could play that game on a laptop that costs $850 (through a couple of business loopholes I learned from my dad)!

Doubtful - Laptop GPUs aren't anywhere near as fast as their respective desktop brethren (even of the same model - eg a laptop 8600 gt is much slower than a desktop 8600 gt).
Kllrnohj wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:

Doubtful - Laptop GPUs aren't anywhere near as fast as their respective desktop brethren (even of the same model - eg a laptop 8600 gt is much slower than a desktop 8600 gt).

True, though the current one I am thinking of has double the RAM needed to play this game.
Anyways, how much slower can the 8600M GT be than the 8600 GT?
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:

True, though the current one I am thinking of has double the RAM needed to play this game.
Anyways, how much slower can the 8600M GT be than the 8600 GT?

By more than you would guess - the 8600 GT (desktop) gets just over 5k 3dmark06 score, whereas the 8600M GT (laptop) gets 3k in 3dmark06. I'm not a fan of 3dmark06 scores, as the score doesn't always line up with real world game results, but it serves to give a rough idea of just how much slower the laptop variant is compared to the desktop.

EDIT: Oh, and video RAM usually doesn't mean anything.
This is a little off topic but why is it rated M? Gore and blood or other?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
This is a little off topic but why is it rated M? Gore and blood or other?

Crysis isn't rated yet. Hence why there is an "RP" ESRB sticker on the official website Rolling Eyes
Sorry, I meant Halo 3.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Sorry, I meant Halo 3.

http://www.esrb.org/index-js.jsp Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours