jbr wrote:
See, we need mean archivers who would reject that stuff Razz
There were also at least three programs that were miscategorized, which I reported. Would someone go through and double-check me on that?
KermMartian wrote:
jbr wrote:
See, we need mean archivers who would reject that stuff Razz
There were also at least three programs that were miscategorized, which I reported. Would someone go through and double-check me on that?

Yes that or graphfix is the worst assembly arpg ever.
It appears that they are categorized properly. Which ones were not? Ratings and reviews will seperate useful from the useless.
Here we go again. I swear I should add a "ticalc.org sucks! - Here's why!" forum to the Ti-community section of bluecrimson.com. At least all of these I've seen over the last 10 years could be consolidated in one place for easy access.

Anyways, archive moderation is a bad idea. If the review / rating system was better at ticalc.org, this wouldn't be that much of a problem since it would be easy to tell which games suck vs games that are good, but since nobody ever reviews / rates games because it's such a pain, (you know what I mean. Log in, verify that it's me for the 100th time, rate the game, pray to [DEITY] that someone else rates game for it to matter, review the game that might get posted sometime this year, delete the site cookie that probably caused the reason I had to verify for the 100'th time, ETC) it's kinda a moot point now, isn't it.
You know, you guys could just be awesome and submit more stuff to calcg.org, so I have something to do there. I have not moderated a file in.. well over a month. <_< I think the last ones I did might have been my own files, and they were released 2 months ago.

Besides, I *am* aggressive with it. If it has no readme, it is rejected. File does not work? It is rejected. File sucks? It is normally rejected, unless it does have some entertainment value. Smile
This is a quadratic for the record books

Code:

:"BY ISA SUPERFAST
:Prompt X
:Prompt Y
:Prompt Z
:Y-X→M
:Z-Y→N
:N-M→O
:O/2→A
:M-3A→B
:(X-A)-B→C
:Disp A
:Disp B
:Disp C
:Lbl 1
:Prompt X
:AX{^2}+BX+C→Y
:Disp Y
:Goto 1
Generated by SourceCoder (http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder.php)
© 2005 Cemetech (http://www.cemetech.net)

Ever heard of the quadratic formula.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/413/41383.html Great duplicating a ti built-in command and making it worse.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/413/41338.html What?? look at the code.
Wow this new reviewer should be a little bit pickier.
dam.... a memory-filler-upper? and not even a very good one at that....

Code:
:"
:While 1
: Ans + Ans
:End

tada!!! and for even more fun, hit second-recall-second-ans after the program crashes =D
"We welcome all contributions"
ticalc is inclusive, not elitist.
Well for the most part, to see ticalc.org to diminish and fade away is kinda sad. I, for one, love their whole database of all the files that authors uploaded on to their site.

However, it seems that the admins at ticalc.org sort of loss the interests of monitoring and updating the site, I propose that the ownership of ticalc should be given to those who are energized and willing to continue the life of ticalc.

Such newcomers should not be disappointed of not finding files or codes that they would need to help them better understanding the language(s). As in, I find that KermMartian's, Keith's, tifreak8x's, elfprince13's, and many other's files and codes to be very "Educational." And to see all the works that you guys had/has done gone to waste is just ultimately terrible if ticalc dies.
QuinnZhao wrote:
[...]Such newcomers should not be disappointed of not finding files or codes that they would need to help them better understanding the language(s). As in, I find that KermMartian's, Keith's, tifreak8x's, elfprince13's, and many other's files and codes to be very "Educational." And to see all the works that you guys had/has done gone to waste is just ultimately terrible if ticalc dies.
Definitely, which is why I'm 18 files away from finishing mirroring all my stuff on ticalc.org on Cemetech. I'd appreciate if all of you would do the same by submitting your files to the Cemetech archives, and I promise I'll soon finish archive upgrades to include arbitrarily-large programming groups, updating of files, etc.
KermMartian wrote:
I'd appreciate if all of you would do the same by submitting your files to the Cemetech archives, ...
I have three files on TI-Calc and four files on Cemetech Neutral When I submitted the TI-83 Version of my Money Manager the TI-Calc, the managers/admins thought I was updating - well, rather 'downgrading' my TI-84+ Version and thought I submitted it to the wrong category. Like seriously, I have "TI-83 Version" Plastered in the description & name/title, you think they wouldn't have messed it up... Grr. The TI-84+ File has been back on TI-Calc but they failed to update the description or screen shots D:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I'd appreciate if all of you would do the same by submitting your files to the Cemetech archives, ...
I have three files on TI-Calc and four files on Cemetech Neutral When I submitted the TI-83 Version of my Money Manager the TI-Calc, the managers/admins thought I was updating - well, rather 'downgrading' my TI-84+ Version and thought I submitted it to the wrong category. Like seriously, I have "TI-83 Version" Plastered in the description & name/title, you think they wouldn't have messed it up... Grr. The TI-84+ File has been back on TI-Calc but they failed to update the description or screen shots D:
Is it correctly up-to-date on Cemetech? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Is it correctly up-to-date on Cemetech? Smile
Indeed it is. :D

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours