People like Kllrnohj are why I'm just about done with this forum. No one should have to put up with that crap.
Alright, lets just leave this alone and resume on the topic of conversation.
Dan, I believe your program did what I want, however it crashed my calculator. I have a TI-Nspire + 84+se keypad and I loaded it on and ran it. It returned a string that looked right, but with a lot of extra characters on the end of it. So I typed in "length(Ans" to see how long it was. The calculator started churning and I left it for a while (~10 minutes) and it was still going. Unfortunately, because it is a Nspire, I had to reset all ram and archive (the battery pull trick doesn't work). Fortunately I had my stuff backed up. The question is, is it because of your program, or because of my calculator? Especially because the Nspire is relatively new technology, and the operating system is 2.44 (The latest that TI has on there website is 2.43) and I have experienced other glitches in the operating system in the past.
Anyway, if we start with BrandonW's code, custom.z80, reproduced in relevant parts here with a bit of extra commenting:

Code:
Removed Code

That should do the trick. Anyone see flaws?

Edit: I'm an idiot, ignore me. Carry on with Brandon's code exactly, except with the two lines that add the space commented out.
KermMartian wrote:
Anyway, if we start with BrandonW's code, custom.z80, reproduced in relevant parts here with a bit of extra commenting:

Code:
Removed Code

That should do the trick. Anyone see flaws?

Edit: I'm an idiot, ignore me. Carry on with Brandon's code exactly, except with the two lines that add the space commented out.

ROFL! Kerm, that is the first time I have seen you call yourself an idiot. Too bad I missed the code...
Zappo Bibrok, I just copied Brandon's code, but I didn't test it. It sounds like the problem is that size isn't set correctly. I'll take another look, and this time examine the existing code more in-depth.

Edit: I can't seem to figure this one out. It looks like it works fine in Brandon's original code, but when I remove the spaces, it crashes. Brandon, do you have any idea why this is happening? I thought I understood exactly how your code was working, but maybe I'm missing something...
Does it correctly handle empty entries?
Yes, I believe it does.
magicdanw wrote:
Are you a generally angry person? In your posts here on this forum, it seems to me you are almost always berating someone or something for no apparent reasons.

I have reasons, and no, I'm not an angry person.

Quote:
I thought ZB was rather clear about what he wanted, and I'm not sure why everyone here seemed to think he wanted something different (the tokens converted to characters).

Not everyone has the same thought process, thus things must be phrased CLEARLY. ZB didn't do that, hence the confusion you pointed out.

Quote:
As for the spaces, it's a perfectly reasonable request to have them removed, since it only involved commenting out two lines of code.

Yes, it is. But changing his mind and not stating that he is changing his request is not, as it simply makes things even harder to understand.

Quote:
And finally, "you fail?" What kind of remark is that? It's neither helpful nor (in my opinion) intelligent sounding at all!

Thats 'cause you aren't a /b/tard.

As for the rest of the garbage that followed, trying to discuss/pick apart my motivations, I only feel like responding to these last two quotes:
Quote:
Worthy of his help? Why do I need to be worthy of his help? Am I that low? Is he that egotistical? I think that answer to the latter question is yes.

Both your ideas for why you need to be worthy are incorrect. You must be worthy of help because you are ASKING for help. You are ASKING for those of us here to use OUR time to both read and respond to your questions. THAT is why you must be worthy, because you are taking time from us. Don't waste it.

Quote:
And the fact of the matter is he didn't help me out, he came in only to clarify...

Which helped since in response you clarified, hence my initial post. Nice contradiction, though, you seem good at those.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours