I'm pulling a Mobility Radeon X600SE, 256MB GFX RAM, 2GB RAM, 1.73 GHz.
Geforce Go 7900 GS, 256MB GFX RAM, 2GB DD2 RAM, 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo
So uh, what happened to the meeting? >.>
swivelgames wrote:
So uh, what happened to the meeting? >.>
We ended up not having it. There are plenty of days to still do it, like today. Smile
Double post ftw? Laughing

But yeah, that would be cool. I'm open to it ^^,
Checklist for first demo release:
===========================
remove extraneous "skins" (easy) COMPLETE
rewrite any still-missing function (???)
fix the inventory rotation... (medium)

ensure ALL gui's are usable + "pretty" (tedious but easy)
(e.g. everything lines up correctly, including the image on the loading GUI)

get IRC back in place (ShadowZ...)
fold in iGob mod (easy)
fold in TBG (work!)
fold in DTB (easy?)
finish CemetechAI 4 (work!)
fold in CemetechAI 4 (easy)

clean+repair maps directory structure (tedious but easy)
fix poorly bounded bricks (???)
remove all files which aren't used (easy)

design auto-updater (Python)

switch Mod_Image to "tbm/dtb" mode. (easy)

Swivel is on GUI duty. I'm fixing the other stuff. Kerm, if you want to hop on IRC and pester ShadowZ some more that would be great. tell him we'll unlink it from his bots if necessary. once that's done we can start folding stuff in.
Make it so bricks can be blown up with weapons...? Give ships use able weapons?

Edit: But yeah get it working first then add stuff, unless its something that's easy to do.
Or prevent that from happening? lol

Besides, I don't think we're working on that right now XD
TheStorm wrote:
Make it so bricks can be blown up with weapons...?

bricks can already be destroyed with them. did you mean make them go flying everywhere too?

TheStorm wrote:
Give ships use able weapons?

they have them?

anyway, we are *not* developing features beyond what have already been developed until Stage 3. It is my guess though that after Stage 2 is complete we will set up a system by which the most popular mods can get folded into the main codebase.
Wow I'm out of touch I did know any of those features had been added my Bad. Confused
TheStorm wrote:
Wow I'm out of touch I did know any of those features had been added my Bad. Confused

they've been in + out a couple times. the projectiles fired by Kerm's ships are all capable of doing damage. the TBM damage function they call however has at times filtered out projectiles that weren't fired by other players.
progress-o-meter.

Calc84maniac has done a lovely job of upgrading TBM2U1 to the new TBG base, and as some of you may have noticed, I'm in the process of replacing the IRC mod with some help from Cemetech (the server, not you guys Razz). Swivel has kindly been giving the UI a bit of a spring cleaning in favor of the TBG window profiles. hopefully a script changes only + tbg alpha3 engine release will be ready within a week and a halfish to 2 weeks.

we've also been hammering out our development roadmap, and deciding how to improve the modder friendliness of finished product. To this end we strongly recommend NOT modding TBG for quite some time as the innards will be changing on a frequent basis. TBM as amazing as it is, is a bloody mess in the code, and we have 3 or 4 layers of mods to collapse into a single codebase.

[edit]

we seem to be missing getbrickowner, is this just a "return %brick.owner?" also picking up skeleton parts seems to crash things, despite swapping out Item::hide references for Item::setHidden references. calc84, new version has been uploaded for your pleasure
I have a feeling that was removed by calc when he was editing the server scripts. Shouldn't be too hard to fix though. Much of the code in that file wasn't needed anyway XD

I think he posted up about 20+ lines that he replaced with only a few. Impeccable. Badspot really did throw in some useless stuff in there.
swivelgames wrote:
I have a feeling that was removed by calc when he was editing the server scripts. Shouldn't be too hard to fix though. Much of the code in that file wasn't needed anyway XD

I think he posted up about 20+ lines that he replaced with only a few. Impeccable. Badspot really did throw in some useless stuff in there.

hehe, the funny thing in this case of course is that he was the one advocating most strongly for transitioning the codebase to using accessor methods instead of touching the object attributes directly. its a good practice Smile
is there somewhere i can acquire a current build of this with all of your updates so that I can get on with you guys or do I need to redownload every thing from the TBM site?
I don't think that would be a good idea, since the "current build" won't be current for more than a day. Razz
TheStorm wrote:
is there somewhere i can acquire a current build of this with all of your updates so that I can get on with you guys or do I need to redownload every thing from the TBM site?

the first public test release will likely be in a week and a half or two weeks we're not playing that much right now. just coding
elfprince13 wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

the first public test release will likely be in a week and a half or two weeks we're not playing that much right now. just coding

Ok that's cool I'm be out of town for about a week anyway but I may have a few friends who would be interested in this. I wonder if there would be a way to setup a capture the flag/base version of this that would be cool. I mean sandbox mode is fun but having large lego battles would be awesome.
that's already included in DTB Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
that's already included in DTB Wink
really I must have been playing an outdated version then... I don't remember having any of those features... well I guess I'll sush up then.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours