http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/412/41239.html
A compiled, insanely easy to use language for the calculator. Can't do much of anything, but serves as a cool proof of concept. It's AWFULLY coded, though. *Declares Optimization War*
Code sample?
'UHLIDE' BASIC Code wrote:
:0→X
:0→T
:0→θ
:0→K
:Lbl 1
:ClrHome
:X+1→X
:Menu("FUNC.?","DISP. TEXT",DT,"BACKSPACE",BS,"PAUSE",P,"GOTO",G,"DRAW",DR
:Lbl DR
:K+1→K
:Input "X?",Z
:Z
:Ans→[B](1,K)
:K+1→K
:Input "Y?",I
:I
:14→[A](1,X)
:Goto 1
:Lbl G
:θ+1→θ
:If θ=1:Then
:Input "WHAT LINE?",Q
:12→[A](1,X)
:Else
:If θ=2:Then
:Input "WHAT LINE",U
:13→[A](1,X)
:Lbl P
:11→[A](1,X)
:Lbl BS
:0→[A](1,X-1)
:X-2→X
:Lbl DT
:T+1→T
:If T=1:Then
:1→[A](1,X)
:Input Str1
:If T=2:Then
:2→[A](1,X)
:Input Str2
:If T=3:Then
:3→[A](1,X)
:Input Str3
:If T=4:Then
:4→[A](1,X)
:Input Str4
:If T=5:Then
:5→[A](1,X)
:Input Str5
:If T=6:Then
:6→[A](1,X)
:Input Str6
:If T=7:Then
:7→[A](1,X)
:Input Str7
:If T=8:Then
:8→[A](1,X)
:Input Str8
:If T=9:Then
:9→[A](1,X)
:Input Str9
:If T=10:Then
:10→[A](1,X)
:Input Str0
:Disp "NO SPACE.
:Pause
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
So its TI-Basic? What is the point?
No one knows... Rolling Eyes

Thats some ugly basic too...

Code:

Wat?
oh god that IS fugly... =D
first off change all those 0-->[Var1]:0-->[Var2] to DelVar[Var]DelVar[Var2}, and change the
":Z:Ans→[B](1,K) " to ":Z-->[B](1,K)"...

anyways I have to agree, an BASIC-based programming language like this far too limited and slow for general use. However, perhaps a string-based program compiled into standard Ti-Basic could be useful for those who don't know how to program... then again ti-Basic is debatable one of the easiest languages to learn =D
Documentation wrote:
Only 10 lines of text can be entered. Only 1 loop can be made.

Enough said. This is completely useless.
foamy3 wrote:
Documentation wrote:
Only 10 lines of text can be entered. Only 1 loop can be made.

Enough said. This is completely useless.

which is why I said some variant of tibasic compiled into tibasic would be less useless... but still fairly pointless.
Wow...
You guys are pretty big jerks. It may not be the best program in the world, but you didn't have to start throwing insults in every direction you could.
JoostinOnline wrote:
Wow...
You guys are pretty big jerks. It may not be the best program in the world, but you didn't have to start throwing insults in every direction you could.

We'd be jerks for helping with the advancement in it. It seems like a waste of time. Most members here are very supportive with people working on projects. I feel, however, that the physical limitations of the production medium make it completely impossible for this to ever be better than plain TI-BASIC.

Other than that, it doesn't appear to be any 'easier' than TI-BASIC. If you really feel like keeping this project going and want help with it, I would suggest fleshing out the documentation.
I don't think that it looks better either, but I don't intend to be mean about it.
JoostinOnline wrote:
Wow...

Oddly enough I was almost thinking the same thing. I was just curious as to what it offered over regular basic, and the code sample just seemed to be TI-BASIC. I was going to let yoman try and defend it before I started making insults Razz
I can understand some kind of new assembly interpreter for a better-than-basic program, of which several have been attempted, but the unfortunate reality is that a BASIC-interpreted language is necessarily slower than the interpreter's native language.
I know. I said it was ugly code, I only made this program on a bet. I won, so that's accomplished. It would be an amazing achievement to get something somewhat workable out of a Basic compiled language.
*thinking....whoa, now that's a lot of coding, programming language inside built-in Ti-Basic...Roflmfao..*

@JoostinOnline, It is proper to point out where the mistake(s) lie inside the code or his mind. I think it is encouraging what everyone is saying.

If I were him, I would think of something else or even making a language outside of built-in Ti-Basic, but I can see that he is new and so am I, and that his programming style and idea are good. But the point I'm trying to make is by not telling him what his mistake(s) is/are, it is likely he'll make the same mistake(s) again.

Hey that sounds familiar, I believe I just quoted Confucius! But more like translating it.

Aside from that.....

Hello guys!

I know this might be the wrong section but... (If you have to move me to another section, that is fine.)

It has been quite awhile since I've been on here.
I was oversea for the past 4 or 5 months spectating the Olympics and visiting relatives. If I have to say the one thing that was great about going back to China was unbelievably the FOOD.

OMFG I still Crave the FOOD there. But since I am back, well, I've been back for the past 3 weeks, I am going to be relearning what I've missed and learn new programming styles.

I am now writing this message in my dorm at NCState. I am majoring in Computer Science/Engineering and minor in Mathematics.

Oh good, I came in contact with my new language, JAVA. It is moderate I would say sometimes it could get frustrated, but whenever I need help I could always come here , right?

Oh wow, this is certainly a Big Post on the first day back (of the 3 weeks.)
KermMartian wrote:
I can understand some kind of new assembly interpreter for a better-than-basic program, of which several have been attempted, but the unfortunate reality is that a BASIC-interpreted language is necessarily slower than the interpreter's native language.

...unless its compiled INTO the native language... =D
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

...unless its compiled INTO the native language... =D
Right, but we're talking about interpreted languages, not compiled languages.
KermMartian wrote:
Right, but we're talking about interpreted languages, not compiled languages.

I would imagine something like LUA or Squirrel could be run in an interpreted environment about the same speed as TI-Basic with a bit of work and some feature chopping.
*cough* http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=8252 *cough*

Haven't been around in a while Very Happy

Although, another "language" (no matter how harsh this is) is pointless when you are using TI Basic...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours