Is there ways I can optimize this? I know it might be funny for you, but since I'm like brand new to programming, this kinda took me about an hour or so. Rolling Eyes Well, I used it so that each assassin that you pick in the original program each goes to the specific program. I'm stuck though with the part on how I can go back to the original program and how to make it tell what you picked.

Well, here it is so far:

Code:

This Is The Main Prgm: DrugRush
:AxesOff
:ClrDraw
:RecallPic 1           (Game Logo/Info thingy)
:Pause
:Clrhome
:Menu("Choose Assassin:","Ivanov",IV,"Rodriguez",RZ,"Smith",SM,"Quit DrugRush 08",@                        (@ is the zero looking variable, uh, theta right?)
:End
:
:Lbl IV
:prgmIVANOV
:Stop
:
:Lbl RZ
prgmRODRIGEZ
:
:Lbl SM
:prgmSMITH
:
:Lbl @
:For(X,1,25
:Text(25,10,"Thank You For Playing...
:ClrHome

Code:

This Is the prgm for Ivanov
:Output(1,2,"You Have Chosen:
:output(2,6,"Ivanov
:Menu("Choose Weapon: ", "L96A1",L9,"Combat Knife",CN,"Fists",FI,"Quit DrugRush",@
:
:Lbl L9
:                            (empty so far, I don't know how to get back to original program)
:
:Lbl CN
:                             (empty so far)
:
:Lbl FI                     (empty so far)
:
:Lbl @
:text(25,10,"Thank you for playing...

The other two assassin programs are exactly the same, except they have different weapons you can choose (except all the fists option).
There's nothing terrible there, although I definitely recommend you use Return in place of Stop so your program works with shells like Doors CS (and of course I'll be a self-promoter and recommend you give your program a DCS header Smile).
KermMartian wrote:
There's nothing terrible there, although I definitely recommend you use Return in place of Stop so your program works with shells like Doors CS (and of course I'll be a self-promoter and recommend you give your program a DCS header Smile).

I don't know what the Repeat function does. Plus, uh, what's a DCS header, or more importantly, what's Doors CS?
Return returns to the main program like name suggest and you'll find doors here http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/398/39812.html
noahbaby94 wrote:
Return returns to the main program like name suggest and you'll find doors here http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/398/39812.html

The screenshots look cool, but I don't have a silver edition so I can't get stuff from computer to my calculator. I have an 83+.

So, do I put return into my main program, or the sub programs?
Uh, you can transfer from an 83+ to a computer. All you need is a cable, which you can buy or make yourself. The 84s just happen to come with the usb version.
jbr wrote:
Uh, you can transfer from an 83+ to a computer. All you need is a cable, which you can buy or make yourself. The 84s just happen to come with the usb version.

Where can I buy one, and how much are they?
Just don't use stop only use return and you can download it on ti-83+.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
noahbaby94 wrote:

The screenshots look cool, but I don't have a silver edition so I can't get stuff from computer to my calculator. I have an 83+.

So, do I put return into my main program, or the sub programs?
http://dcs.cemetech.net has even more info. And any calculator, not just Silver editions, can connect to a computer. "SilverLink" means the link itself is silver, not the calculator it connects to. Razz Return should replace Stop wherever you use it. Stop means stop execution and quit to the homescreen, whereas Return means stop execution and quit to the calling program, which should be either the homescreen or a shell if your program is coded correctly.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
jbr wrote:

Where can I buy one, and how much are they?

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_connectivitycable_silverusb.html

The cheapest one seems to be at officemax for $11.
The most expensive is at Radio Shack for $30.

This is for the one that connects to the computer's USB port and the calc's serial link port.
Yup, you can generally find them on eBay for about $15, or Staples for $20.
KermMartian wrote:

Okay, cool. I guess I have to wait till I get $20 Laughing

Edit: Wait, so, can I make Basic programs on the computer, and put it on my calculator then? If so, would it be faster?
Do you mean would it run faster? No.

It might be faster to develop, if you type really slowly on calc or something, though.

Of course, you could use a program like basicbuilder (search ticalc.org for it) to "convert" your program into an assembly app, which should theoretically be faster, although not as fast as "true" assembly.
jbr wrote:
Do you mean would it run faster? No.

It might be faster to develop, if you type really slowly on calc or something, though.

Of course, you could use a program like basicbuilder (search ticalc.org for it) to "convert" your program into an assembly app, which should theoretically be faster, although not as fast as "true" assembly.

Yeah, i meant if it was faster to make. So, i just download basicbuilder, but until i get a cord, i can't use it.

And, how do I program on teh computer?
Well, sourcecoder works for some stuff, but several tokens (like matrices and lists 1-6) don't work right (@Kerm: Are you working on this?).

The other option is "ti graphlink" which is the old linking program used to connect to the serial and parallel cable calculators. I think you will need ticonnect to link to any of the USB cables, though. I use TILP, however, because it's faster than TIconnect (and it actually works on my computer!).

Graphlink is the only one of the linking programs that can make basic programs, though.
jbr wrote:
Well, sourcecoder works for some stuff, but several tokens (like matrices and lists 1-6) don't work right (@Kerm: Are you working on this?).

The other option is "ti graphlink" which is the old linking program used to connect to the serial and parallel cable calculators. I think you will need ticonnect to link to any of the USB cables, though. I use TILP, however, because it's faster than TIconnect (and it actually works on my computer!).

Graphlink is the only one of the linking programs that can make basic programs, though.

Can you post a link for the one I should use?
Here's the link for SourceCoder: http://sc.cemetech.net
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Okay, cool. I guess I have to wait till I get $20 0x5

Edit: Wait, so, can I make Basic programs on the computer, and put it on my calculator then? If so, would it be faster?

These are the same cables that charge PS3 controllers and a few digital cameras use to connect to computes. You may just have one laying around.

As for the computer, The mac version of TI-Connect allows one to develop a program for any calculator - it even has predictive type! like T9 on your cell phone! - but it doesn't support ASM, nor is it an emulator =/
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

These are the same cables that charge PS3 controllers and a few digital cameras use to connect to computes. You may just have one laying around.

As for the computer, The mac version of TI-Connect allows one to develop a program for any calculator - it even has predictive type! like T9 on your cell phone! - but it doesn't support ASM, nor is it an emulator =/

Dang, I don't have a ps3, and my camera doesn't have teh same cord. Plus, i have windows.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No, false @ the cable. He has an 83+, it sounds like, not an 84, so he needs the silverlink instead of the direct USB link.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours