hi im new and i put the base converter 1.0 and i read the file with source coder 2.0 and this code i put in my ti 83. but the ti 83 gives me an error i have 2 programs with errors i think that are simple error ok im going to put here:

Code:
::DCS
:D4BAD8F4E2D8B5E8
:Lbl A
:Menu("BASECONV 1.0","CONVERT",1,"HELP",H,"QUIT",Q
:Lbl 1:ClrHome
:Input "FROM BASE...",A
:Input "...TO BASE...",B
:If A=int(A) and B=int(B) and A<37 and B<37 and A>1 and B>1
:Then
:Input "CONVERT:",Str0
:"0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ →Str1
:DelVar D1→E
:Repeat E>length(Str0
:D+A^(E-1)({-}1+inString(Str1,sub(Str0,length(Str0)-E+1,1))→D
:E+1→E:End
:".→Str0
:While D
:D/B→D
:sub(Str1,int(BfPart(D))+1,1)+Str0→Str0
:int(D)→D
:End:Pause sub(Str0,1,length(Str0)-1
:Else
:Disp "BASES MUST BE
:Pause "1 TO 36 ONLY
:End
:Goto A:Lbl H
:ClrHome
:Disp "ENTER BASE TO","CONVERT TO AND","FROM, 1 TO 36.
:Pause "WWW.CEMETECH.NET
:Goto A:Lbl Q
:ClrHome
:Disp "BASECONV 1.0","BY KERM MARTIAN

in the ti83 the cursor goes to so i think that is the "error" Very Happy+A^(E-1)({-}1+inString(Str1,sub(Str0,length(Str0)-E+1,1))→D here>>{-}
please help me to solve this code. sorry for my english im form peru haha
{-} means the negative key, between [.] and [Enter] on the calculator's keyboard. Don't literally type out '{' '-' '}'.
:D+A^(E-1)({-}1+inString(Str1,sub(Str0,length(Str0)-E+1,1))→D i have a new error here -E+1,1)<<here this parenthesis) help me again please
ormica wrote:
Very Happy+A^(E-1)({-}1+inString(Str1,sub(Str0,length(Str0)-E+1,1))→D i have a new error here -E+1,1)<<here this parenthesis) help me again please
First of all, make sure that the first E (in the (E-1) part) is the capital little E ([2nd][,]), not a normal [ALPHA][SIN]. What is the error you're getting? ERR:SYNTAX? That - should be a regular minus, the one above [+] and below [x]. Only the first thing in the line is the negative key.
for the minus symbol, make sure you use the [-] above the [+]

anyways, what does the error say? ERR:what?
"invalid dim" i put the same signs. this code is reading with the source coder so i think that this program confuse the signs im very confuse. i copied this code into my ti83 cause a dont have the ti graph link. i didnt found it here in peru and i need this code for my exam to finish fast
go to the homescreen and enter "length(Str0" and "E" and tell us what the calculator says for each...

OH! Put a ":" between D and 1 in the line "DelvarD1-->E" so that it is "Delvar D:1-->E"
rthprog wrote:
OH! Put a ":" between D and 1 in the line "DelvarD1-->E" so that it is "Delvar D:1-->E"

You don't need a : inbetween Delvars and other commands.
Edit:Wewt I'm advance newbie lol.
str0=str0 and E=o and Little E is err sintax of course
my mistake; wow I learned something...

no, I said length(Str0

anyways, E should never be 0; are you sure you entered everything in correctly?
ormica wrote:
str0=str0 and E=o and Little E is err sintax of course

str0=str0 what are you driving at here and E=0 right?
nono haha str0=8 and E=0
check that you entered these lines correctly

Code:

:DelVar D
:1→E
:D+A^(E-1)(-1+inString(Str1,sub(Str0,length(Str0)-E+1,1))→D
:E+1→E

thats VERY important
in donfuse in someme of the code i goinf to fix it wait some minutes sorry so sorry i gonna repply in some minutes
i correct all. i have a new error here:If A=int(A) and B=int(B) and A<37 and B<37 and A>1 and B>1 <<< here in the right space of one error sintax when i enter the second base number
Are you sure you typed everything in correctly? It looks like there should be no error.
Very Happy+A^(E-1)(-1+inString(Str1,sub(Str0,length(Str0)-E+1,1))→D

its correct but maybe in some E can u said where i can put the little E an E and the little minus and normal minus. hey i corrected the part that u said me?>?>? is that ok or not?
i hace the error hereeee :If A=int(A) and B=int(B) and A<37 and B<37 and A>1 and B>1 here in the right of the last number"1" is the cursor i saw it 5 times an its correct this line why?? and i dont know if its correct why the errors? the source coder?
Very Happy+A^(E-1)(-1+inString(Str1,sub(Str0,length(Str0)-E+1,1))→D
i have msn ormica28@hotmail.com i think that is better. if someone want add me pls
please don't triple post. just make edit your old posts.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours