lafferjm wrote:
Yeah nothing like going from fetal position to back at it harder than before.

that's really depressing dude. I'm just grateful I never started smoking....

Congrats on this though:
elfprince13 wrote:
lafferjm wrote:
Yeah nothing like going from fetal position to back at it harder than before.

that's really depressing dude. I'm just grateful I never started smoking....

Congrats on this though:

Thanks, also it is depressing. But like I said, I want to quit I just don't feel like it. It is a weird feeling to explain.
lafferjm wrote:
Thanks, also it is depressing. But like I said, I want to quit I just don't feel like it. It is a weird feeling to explain.

You mean addiction?
So after relapse and all that good stuff, I've decided to try again Smile. It has been 48 hours and i have only have had one. And it has been 12 hours since that one.
Hey, my dad went through the same thing, it was hard. Good Luck though, just remember that when you do finally quit, it will feel like you have taken a fresh breath for the first time in many years Smile (I, having asthma, know that feeling `-`)
Yay, I hope this is successful Smile My dad was finally able to quit a while back, but it was bad when he was :/ Good luck!
"3rd time's the charm" will hopefully be true this time.
Good luck! Smile
Good luck lafferjm! Smile
lafferjm wrote:
So after relapse and all that good stuff, I've decided to try again Smile. It has been 48 hours and i have only have had one. And it has been 12 hours since that one.
Good luck! I'm sure we're all rooting for you. Smile
calcdude84se wrote:
"3rd time's the charm" will hopefully be true this time.
Good luck! Smile

Maybe, I haven't had one yet today but im at work and the allure is strong.
Fiiigghhtt ittttt!
Lol, its now lunch timeand have still resisted the urge.
So I went all day yesterday without one. But now im at school and the pullvis real strong because this is the second biggest place I smoke.
Don't do it!
You can resist!!!!!!!!!
Very HappyD
lafferjm wrote:
So I went all day yesterday without one. But now im at school and the pullvis real strong because this is the second biggest place I smoke.
Keep resisting! You can do it!
Well I have some good news and some bad news. First the bad news. I have relapsed and have had 3 since my last post. The good news is I have to have a root canal on Wednesday and you can't smoke for ten days after having one. So Wednesday will be my new quit day, since I have to go ten days unless I want massive health problems.

Edit: I changed my mind im going to try again after I get home this evening.
You should try to both not smoke until the root canal and then not afterwards either! You can do it!
KermMartian wrote:
You should try to both not smoke until the root canal and then not afterwards either! You can do it!

I am too lazy to make my own post, so instead I copy what others say and then don't say anything new.
Sorry if this is a bit mean, but plase try a bit harder! Find some other stuff to keep you distracted from smoking! Have you tried nicotine patches?

edit: nah, it was a process that took him about half a year. He just smoked one less cigarette each week or every other week he said.
Your best bet is to quit cold-turkey. The withdrawal might be pure hell, but you just have to rough it out.

I've never smoked, but I have been through withdrawals. I suffer severe anxiety episodes because of panic disorder. Sometimes, I have to use a class of drugs called benzos to treat my symptoms. Benzos are highly-addictive, and cause your body to endure withdrawal effects as soon as you discontinue them. I've had to go through these withdrawals just about every time I've taken them. Sometimes, it's so rough that it feels like nothing is real. I feel so nervous and detached from reality that my life becomes unbearable. Since I've been through it several times before, I just constantly remind myself that the withdrawal is a temporary thing that subsides in a few days. I assume it's a similar ordeal with something like nicotine-withdrawal.

Bearing in mind, I sometimes have that level of anxiety for no apparent reason. If I can deal with that all the time, then you can deal with nicotine-withdrawal. At least you'll only have to suffer for a few days before you feel completely better. Just remember how bad it feels if you ever consider picking up another cigarette! If you manage to quit this time, make it the last time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours