That's the thing, I used it to convert 2 programs, then suddenly it does not work. I am going to change the method of how I do it tho, to see if that fixes my problem. =]
Whoa, an update! Cool, sorry to hear that you ran into a setback, but happy that you have a plan of attack to solve it.
yup, working on it. I have no intention of letting this project die at all. Just, too many stresses with business and everything that I can't focus on it that much. ><;
Well, expect more progress on this now that I have an easy way of converting programs to appvars and back again. I probably will complete the celtic2 helper program at a later date.

Thanks to Kerm for making this program as quickly as he did. Hope it invigorates him into making some progress on DCS7 soon. ^^

So, next bit of work for me to do for the project is to convert the data programs to appvars and making the game engine recognize the data as such. From there, I have to figure out if the event system is still working. <<

Actually, I need to go through and see if the game itself still works, since that has not been tested since I did the massive bit of code clean up a while back. Let you know how that goes.
Woot, glad to hear that the program I made works! Also excellent that I'm helping to move progress along, hope to see more updates soon. If I get the motivation I might want to add a few more safety and bound checks to the program I made you just to make sure it won't crash your calculator during development if accidentally given unexpected inputs. Smile
Well, that shouldn't be too big of a deal, since I know I have to pass off the name of the program/appvar. But if you plan on releasing the file, which I am sure you want to =p

So yeah, safety checks will be a good idea for that.
tifreak8x wrote:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38997.html

like, omg! I actually did something! o.O Shock

The world shall end on the second friday of next week! =o

Best check out that new pokedex program while we are all still here! =o

The second Friday of next week?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

So much for the 12/21/12 Prediction +/
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

Massive amounts of sarcasm, which is why I said the impossible. XD

Umm.. I did something of slight importance for pokemon, but I can't remember what it was exactly.. o.o *shrugs* back to it tho!
tifreak8x wrote:
And something for the masses:

Currently, only the scrolling and page by page turning is working. I still need to add:

X -the ability to move an item
X -the ability to toss an item
X -the ability to use an item

Using an item won't happen until I get it to where you can have a pokemon to use one on. That will be somewhat difficult, as each item does different things. I will also need to devise a dynamic routine for all the TMs and HMs, since they will all essentially do the same, and make it easier, but if the pokemon knows 4 moves already, it will have to replace the selected move with the TM/HM.

Oh what fun.. I think I will work on moving an item and tossing an item to at least get those out of the way. =]

Just bringing this back to the front again. The files themselves were lost, but I found a backup of them on my desktop for when I did the screenshot. So that is back, I just have to get the program data over into the correct program instead of prgmAC.

Umm.. converted all the data programs to appvars, and the code fixed in the game so that it sees all that correctly.

So once I get some of this back up, I need to run through and see where I stand with the events system, since it is the reason I went through all that code and changed things in the first place. ^_^

We shall see how things go from here ^^
Hurrah, glad you had a backup of the stuff that you thought you had lost, backups are always a good thing. Let me know if there's anything else I can do in the way of writing ASM or otherwise coding or art-ing to make this progress smoothly. Smile
I will definitely keep that in mind. Next bit is going to be getting the first of the three pokemon. Once I get that done, going to battle system, which I already have the start of that coded as well.
began testing the game engine. Found some faults that I had either forgotten about or hadn't realized at the time was going to be a problem.

Have to figure out which menu box was for the red/blue selector, and run through the rest of the Intro, and that should be ready to work.

Might get more time tomorrow night to mess with it, just thought I would post.
Thanks for posting. Smile Forgive my blundering ignorance, but the "game engine" sounds like a decently large chunk of the actual program, no? Is this not a big step for you/
lol, it pretty much entails any form of routine, which there are a lot of programs. XD

Took some time but now I seem to have it finally going through the intro with little problem. I just have to adjust the game selection menu border and it should be back to normal.

Edit:

Alright, intro is a slightly bigger problem then first thought XD

Have to move the sprites around a bit, for some reason.
Have to go through and make sure that I gave the sprite program the location to put the sprite each time it is called.

On a side note, instead of just showing 1 pokemon for the intro, it randomly picks one to display next to Prof Oak.

So right now, trying to get the intro back to perfect.
so, a bit of an update.

+Intro program works flawlessly.
+Save/Load is confirmed to working.
+Fixed a bug with the dynamicness of the ingame menu, wasn't compensating that you didn't have the pokedex.
+Walking engine seems to still work.

-Can't talk to NPCs at the moment.
-When loading, shows having 25 badges for some reason, something that needs to be looked into eventually.
-Need saving and loading screens. Otherwise just looks like a locked up calculator.
That's great to hear. Is the NPC's thing a bug or just something you haven't implemented yet?
It's a bug, the NPCs use to work, so I am not sure what I changed in the game engine that would disqualify them from working, since I used the inString( stuff to do it. That is where I shall look.

Edit:

ok, a little bit of an update.

The NPCs were not working because I had not changed over a variable to a different one when I updated the rest of the code. Now I get new errors (the sprite doesn't load correctly, the text is incorrect)

So.. progress?

Edit:

Figured out that I am storing the text for dialogue before calling up the program to store the sprite data with, which sadly use the same Str var. I think just moving that portion of the code to just before the text displayer is called should eliminate this problem, making code adjustments and checking now.

Edit2:

Went to test the change in code, crashed my calc. I only had one appvar left of the ones that were transferred, so thankfully I did the backup before doing all this change over. Reloading the calc to see wtf happened.. <<
I bet it's the garbage collect+hidden files+error handler bug. Razz

Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours