*shrugs* dunno, I had done a garbage collect before running the game because things had slowed down, but I don't really have any hidden programs.

I believe I have everything back to where it was, so yeah. Still hacking away at the code to find the other problems.
Not sure what all I changed to make it happen, but now NPCs work with the exception that the dialogue box fails. Got to figure out that and then it should be good.
yay, glad to see more more progress! and working NPCs.
haha, yeah, is good to have some real progress on this again. Hopefully it continues.

Thinking about releasing one of the previous versions as a public beta to get people's attention on ticalc.org again.. hmm..
tifreak8x wrote:
haha, yeah, is good to have some real progress on this again. Hopefully it continues.

Thinking about releasing one of the previous versions as a public beta to get people's attention on ticalc.org again.. hmm..
That might be an excellent idea. On a related note, did you see the PKMN Gray Demo released a few days ago on ticalc.org? http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/422/42296.html
No, I hadn't seen that. Looks pretty good for what it is. Good to have some decent competition finally =p
tifreak8x wrote:
No, I hadn't seen that. Looks pretty good for what it is. Good to have some decent competition finally =p
Yup, but they use XLib for a crutch, something which I'm impressed you haven't done yet. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Yup, but they use XLib for a crutch, something which I'm impressed you haven't done yet. Smile

but xLib is incompatible with OmniCalc.
Which means what to me?

I don't use Omnicalc or xLib for anything. Just basic, small asm programs to get the job done for what is needed.
Spending a little time redoing some of pokedex stuff, since some have expressed wanting the pokedex text to also be displayed with the sprite, so messing around with that. Once I get all the text entered in, I will work on making the pokedex work with the text in some fashion, then from there back to NPCs so it doesn't feel like I am completely wasting my time.
tifreak8x wrote:
Spending a little time redoing some of pokedex stuff, since some have expressed wanting the pokedex text to also be displayed with the sprite, so messing around with that. Once I get all the text entered in, I will work on making the pokedex work with the text in some fashion, then from there back to NPCs so it doesn't feel like I am completely wasting my time.
Superbulous. Are you going to go with your previously-mentioned idea of perhaps releasing a small beta, or did you decide against it for now?
version 0.1.4 has been released to ticalc.org. Being the moron I am I forgot to copy-paste the descrip to a temp .txt so I could upload to calcg and just approve it.. so I have to wait for the guys at ticalc to take care of that so I can upload it to other places. Should rebolster interest in the project, I hope.
They have posted the file on ticalc and I have gotten it posted to calcg.org now.
tifreak8x wrote:
They have posted the file on ticalc and I have gotten it posted to calcg.org now.
Huzzah, actually noticed the file on ticalc.org this morning before I read your post. Nice screenshot, I might even give it a try myself...
sadly the save/load system fails at life in that version, but it isnt like it matters, since you can't really do much in it anyways =p

But thoughts on that version would be appreciated. =]
I have 50 of the pokedex entries on the calc now. Currently taking 4,793 bytes of memory. So not horribly bad I guess.

Progress with this is kind of slow as I have to enter each one and then check to make sure everything fits, and in some cases, have to do a little rewording.
tifreak8x wrote:
I have 50 of the pokedex entries on the calc now. Currently taking 4,793 bytes of memory. So not horribly bad I guess.

Progress with this is kind of slow as I have to enter each one and then check to make sure everything fits, and in some cases, have to do a little rewording.
It's been three weeks since we heard from you about this, Dan; are the birthday festivities still in full swing or something? Laughing Hope it's going well.
lol, no. XD

I have.. 20 I think that need to be put in. Just been very busy with other things and haven't really put too much effort into this the past week or so. Not helping that I haven't really been sleeping either. So yeah, lack of motivation doesn't help. I am hoping to be able to get some progress done on this over this weekend, as I don't have to work at the shop at all.
tifreak8x wrote:
0x5, no. XD

I have.. 20 I think that need to be put in. Just been very busy with other things and haven't really put too much effort into this the past week or so. Not helping that I haven't really been sleeping either. So yeah, lack of motivation doesn't help. I am hoping to be able to get some progress done on this over this weekend, as I don't have to work at the shop at all.
Good stuff. Hearing that, you can certainly appreciate why {PhD application, thesis, other schoolwork, life} are regretfully effective at keeping me from making DCS7 progress.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
0x5, no. XD

Good stuff. Hearing that, you can certainly appreciate why {PhD application, thesis, other schoolwork, life} are regretfully effective at keeping me from making DCS7 progress.

I can't Razz

Also,

Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours