lol XD

Well hopefully you will eventually get back to it, would be a shame to see you stop development completely on it.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
0x5, no. XD

I have.. 20 I think that need to be put in. Just been very busy with other things and haven't really put too much effort into this the past week or so. Not helping that I haven't really been sleeping either. So yeah, lack of motivation doesn't help. I am hoping to be able to get some progress done on this over this weekend, as I don't have to work at the shop at all.
Good stuff. Hearing that, you can certainly appreciate why {PhD application, thesis, other schoolwork, life} are regretfully effective at keeping me from making DCS7 progress.

I can't Razz

Also,

Particularly when your favorite show involves this man:

Amen to that. Hey, I never said my interest in getting a PhD was purely educational. Very Happy
Thought I would announce I finished up the last 20ish entries for the pokedex.

Should I go for the full effect and add in the weight and height? or can I ignore that and just make the data screen and get to other things? XD
tifreak8x wrote:
Thought I would announce I finished up the last 20ish entries for the pokedex.

Should I go for the full effect and add in the weight and height? or can I ignore that and just make the data screen and get to other things? XD

are you including mew? methinks some of the cheats from classic red and blue should be included, like the west-from-Lavender Town pokemon.
Mew will be more easily captured then that. He will be an alternative catch instead of Mewtwo.
How about Glitch Town?
lol, I will have trouble enough getting everything from the game in there to begin with, dunno how much room I will have for that. =p
glitch town was only in gold and silver, wasnt it?

but yeah, if at all possible the mew glitch and missing no.'s should be implemented
But again, WHY would I implement a mew glitch if the Blue version will contain Mew as the pokemon in the secret cave?

Also.. I think I might have a way of implementing moving NPCs.. is this something that you all would consider worth implementing?
shmibs wrote:
glitch town was only in gold and silver, wasnt it?

False.
To try and push this back on topic, anyone think the idea of trying to get NPCs to move around is a good idea?
tifreak8x wrote:
To try and push this back on topic, anyone think the idea of trying to get NPCs to move around is a good idea?

I think you should focus more on putting in Glitch Town Razz

But yes, I believe making the NPCs move around would make PP more like the original versions.
How fast is Purple running right now? Would implementing NPC movement dramatically alter that speed?

While yeah, moving NPCs would make the game much more like the originals, it'd be pointless if the game can't go much faster than a snail's pace.

It already takes forever to get to places without a bicycle or HM 02 Fly. We don't want to have to spend any MORE time now, do we? Razz
tifreak8x wrote:
Oh, absolutely. Even semi-intelligence, nonrandom movement would be fairly decent and as far as I can think, not horribly CPU-intensive.
Alright, I plan on trying to set up a small bit in there just to test what it will do to count to 30 and then refresh the screen data. If there is no flash, then I will probably go through with this. If there is, will have to come up with another way. Going to see if I get left alone enough tonight to try this, if not, definitely tomorrow.

Edit:

Did some testing. Basically took a variable and counted to 30 and refreshed the screen. The only change is the character itself 'flashes' because it is displayed after the map is refreshed. Otherwise, there is no flash at all.

Next is to reset the map data a little bit, so it knows there are NPCs on the map, and that they need to move.

Will let you know how that goes along.

Wondering, should I make them look like the player's character, to show direction? This way people can sort of see where they are looking. Or I can just stick with using the pi symbol and not require me to do any editing XD
Note to self..

For each NPC on the map, I would need to store:

NPC#
Position
Trainer Yes1/No0
Direction facing (1-4)

I think that is it.. I could store 2 per list element. This might work.. will require a bit of a change in how things are done tho. Shouldn't be too difficult to make the changes.. hmm.. *jots code down on paper*
Nice. Did you make a decision about what to do for the NPC sprite yet?
I will utilize the same 3 characters that is used for the main character so the game can depict which direction they are facing as they walk and such.

sucks for me because I have to edit the strings to add them in there. XD

Oh what fun~

And I think my idea will work, so long as I check to see which list element = position, and from there see which npc it is to recall the data from.
Alright, first test is mostly a success.

The test is basically making the characters move one slot to the right. They can do this successfully without errors if there is nothing to their right. I will of course need to later on add in checking to see if they are stepping on a tile and replacing it when they walk off. At least, I hope that will be relatively easy. XD

The reason this was mostly a success was due to the fact that I have lost a space at the end of the string for some reason. I am unsure why. I have compared the strings themselves and they both appear to be identical, save the changes that the program made when it moved the characters. (right now sticking with the pi symbol until bugs are worked out)

I will keep playing with this until it is perfect, then will see about making it work in the actual game engine.

So, as it stands, NPCs can move to the right if they are allowed to.

Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours