Actually, the pokedex is almost identical to the old R/B/Y games, I just added the pokedex pic to display the pic in to make it look nicer, tho I have had a few people want me to include the info for each pokemon as well.. I could probably do it without too much trouble, but that would require me to either find a site with all that text, or play through the games myself and catch every single pokemon. >.<

It is something I might think about for a future update to things. First things first tho, make the game playable to its fullest extent. ^^
You mean to say you haven't already caught every single pokemon in R/B/Y?!
rofl

a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away perhaps. XD

Been ssooooo long since I actually played those games. =/
tifreak8x wrote:
rofl

a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away perhaps. XD

Been ssooooo long since I actually played those games. =/
I was going to say, I bet you actually have, but there's no way you remember it all now. Smile
I recently booted up my Blue Version Very Happy I have all 151 pokemon caught and I still have my invincible army of lvl 100 Mewtwo's in my party (cloning & rare candy hax ftw Laughing)
wewtsauce
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I recently booted up my Blue Version Very Happy I have all 151 pokemon caught and I still have my invincible army of lvl 100 Mewtwo's in my party (cloning & rare candy hax ftw 0x5)

I never caught all 151, but I caught every pokemon you could get in Blue Version without a link cable, plus a couple extra from the Lavender Town cheat (including mew). Wish I knew where my cartridge is, but my party was Venusaur, Mew (not quite as strong as Mewtwo, but cooler Razz), Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and.....I don't really remember, maybe Dragonair, maybe a Kabutops or an Onyx. all level 100.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I recently booted up my Blue Version Very Happy I have all 151 pokemon caught and I still have my invincible army of lvl 100 Mewtwo's in my party (cloning & rare candy hax ftw 0x5)

lol, that is epic.

Would be nice to get all the pokedex text from it if you aren't too busy.. hehe =p
tifreak8x wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

0x5, that is epic.

Would be nice to get all the pokedex text from it if you aren't too busy.. hehe =p

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/367023/5775
lol, wow, thanks a ton! =D

Now, here is the next question.. Should I include this data into the pokedex? It would take very little to add it. I could include each string data on one line per entry.. which would coincide with the pokemon # as well, and just leave it archived. And then can use Celtic2 to simply read the archived program and recall the data..

It would of course happen AFTER I finish writing the code (which I am working on this afternoon)..

Thoughts?
by string data do you mean all the information other then it's number?
but I like the idea of how to store it. how exactly would this piece of code look like though?
Eeems wrote:
by string data do you mean all the information other then it's number?
but I like the idea of how to store it. how exactly would this piece of code look like though?

The information would just be the lines of the program (it wouldn't be executed). Let's say that program is prgmDATA, then a couple typical entries might be

Code:
:STUFF FOR PIKACHU
:OTHER STUFF

Then to access the data for the Nth pokemon using Celtic2, you would use

Code:
:"DATA→Str0
:0→θ
:N
:Asm(prgmCELTIC2

and the data would be in Str9
I understand that part, I've done it myself. I was just wondering how he would structure his code, like if he would need anything different then a basic set up.
simple setup should work for it just fine, as it would only look at the data and display it when writing to the pokedex screen.

However, would have to come up with a new pic to use to display the text..
tifreak8x wrote:
simple setup should work for it just fine, as it would only look at the data and display it when writing to the pokedex screen.

However, would have to come up with a new pic to use to display the text..
I wouldn't think that would be a terribly hard endeavor though, would it? I definitely think you should give this a go if it's not too much trouble for you.
oh, definitely would be no trouble to implement into the game at all.

Just wondering how many people would actually find that a useful part of the game. It would most definitely make it closer to a true port.. hm..

Looks like I will probably just go ahead and at least add the text. XD
You should add the Mobius Strip

Kllrnohj's post dug for epic win.
@tifreak8x: Implement missingno so we can have rare candy hax Very Happy
Kllrnohj wrote:
You should add the Mobius Strip

http://www.0x5.com/pics/pokemon.gif

quite possibly the most awesome thing I've seen all day.

Page 2 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours