^ Linkfail

Also, that is the most amazing thing EVAR. I wish that just had a higher frame rate. I might actually redo it just to make it perfect, I like that so much.
I have been going through some of this code.. and realized that for just the starter program alone I had left chunks of unneeded code from previous versions. XD oh wow, it annoys me.

Also, in the game now, instead of having

"0
prgmZRS

I am simplifying those to

prgmZC1

Mainly because I call on that function of RESOURCE so often. =/ I figured it up, it would take 7 times to call prgmZC1 to make it worth the effort. prgmPOKEMON calls it 4 times by itself. So yeah, more savings of RAM.

for the border display program, using Ans as a list to store the values, and immediately call the program, where it will store from Ans to the correct variables. Same thing with prgmZSP, for the values on where the sprites are to go.

It is interesting to see, just in two programs I have worked on, how much blue pen ink I have used correcting things. XD

I also took the liberty to create the version as it is now as 0.1.7a, as a placeholder to know how much RAM/ROM is being used up. At this time, between pics and prgms, the game takes 89,659 bytes. I am eager to see what the changes I make to the game affect the amount of space it uses.
Well, progress continues, working on going through the ingame menu program, found some somewhat serious errors on how I was doing some stuff, and some incompatibilities that were not worked out from the Celtic2 rewrite, so those are being fixed, at least on paper, until I get around to running through the game again to play. =p

Anyways, at this point, the overall game has gained.. 835 bytes. Still many, many more programs to cut through. Just thought I would update. =]
I have saved 1,032 bytes as of now. I still have 7 programs to go through, 1 to re-add, and one to completely rebuild, before any real headway will be done.
tifreak8x wrote:
I have saved 1,032 bytes as of now. I still have 7 programs to go through, 1 to re-add, and one to completely rebuild, before any real headway will be done.
Wow, an entire KB is pretty significant, well done. Thanks for keeping us posted on this. Do you have any other recent cool project, progress on TIFreakware, anything like that?
There are several projects in works, the most prominent of them is a remake of slippy for the 68k, the other would be Lachprog's Metroid for the 68k. There are a couple more, but I am exhausted and can't remember specific things. XD

You should just go visit my forums more <_<
tifreak8x wrote:
There are several projects in works, the most prominent of them is a remake of slippy for the 68k, the other would be Lachprog's Metroid for the 68k. There are a couple more, but I am exhausted and can't remember specific things. XD

You should just go visit my forums more <_<
I agree, I definitely should visit more offers. I meant you personally though, anything in your pipeline besides Pokémon Purple?
Oh, I have been giving thought to jumping on Star Trek 83+ for a bit, redoing alot of it to not use so much RAM, by utilizing Celtic2, and having all of the ship positions in one program, just having each one on their own line, and read directly from the program in Flash.

Umm.. AOD83+ is broken, I need to get around to fixing that.

And of course, TI-City. One of these days I am going to jump right back into that game and kick some serious butt. I really miss working on that game, it was going to be amazing.
tifreak8x wrote:
Oh, I have been giving thought to jumping on Star Trek 83+ for a bit, redoing alot of it to not use so much RAM, by utilizing Celtic2, and having all of the ship positions in one program, just having each one on their own line, and read directly from the program in Flash.

Umm.. AOD83+ is broken, I need to get around to fixing that.

And of course, TI-City. One of these days I am going to jump right back into that game and kick some serious butt. I really miss working on that game, it was going to be amazing.
I think that finishing Star Trek 83+ is an excellent idea especially with the recent renewal of interest in Star Trek with the movie coming out etc.
Yeah, I concur.

As to pokemon, I have started in on remaking the items system to look like the original. It shows 4 items at a time, with the amount under neath. This honestly shouldn't take too long to redo, and we shall see how much space is saved in the items system once that is done. As of this exact moment, I am sitting at just under a hair in 1,500 bytes of memory savings. =]
ok, I have managed to get the items system to a point to where it will display the items within the list, with the amount underneath. I haven't taken a screenshot yet, I'll get around to that eventually.

It shows 4 items at a time, if you have less, it stops at the last entry. If you have no items, it only displays 'CANCEL'.

I of course need to add the items doing stuff, but, that can't really happen too well until I get it so you can have a pokemon. If memory serves, you can also give items to the older ones, but I am not sure. Gah, it has been far too long since I have played the originals.

So, yeah, it be epic now. It is currently sitting at less than half the other program's size, however, I have one huge optimization to make, and that should drop quite a bit of size off of it.

Getting ready for sleep, will post more about it tomorrow when I have done more.
Giving items started in Gold/Silver. Hope that helps.
Yeah, that's right, I think. XD

I didnt really spend as much time on it today as I would have liked. Did the optimizations to the program, shaved 300 bytes off of it and made it look all fancy like. Working on page by page scrolling next.
Hey tifreak have you seen this, looks like you got some competition.
Eeems wrote:
Hey tifreak have you seen this, looks like you got some competition.
Looks interesting, but it seems to do a lot of map loading, I see no proof of a battle system, and no building interiors...
I do not currently consider his port a threat in any way to pokemon purple, as his is not holding true to the original in any way other than sprites. He has cut out attacks, is no longer utilizing the pokecenter in the way it was supposed to, etc.

And as to this, I need to finish making the page by page scrolling of the items system work. might work on that this weekend if I get time.
KermMartian wrote:
Looks interesting, but it seems to do a lot of map loading, I see no proof of a battle system, and no building interiors...
actually there is a battle system, just scroll down the first page and you'll find 2 screenies of it
yeah, there is a battle system, however, he is leaving out attacks and such, so yeah, not much of a competitor compared to what I am trying to do.
Yeah I know, but his walking is pretty cool, except for the map loading.
Maybe for a program heavily relying on an app to throw up pretty sprites.

I think mine is cool, do to the fact that there is no asm making the map move, it is all basic. Only asm that affects it is loading the map data itself. That's it.

As to my items system, page by page is still waiting on me to not be lazy. Tomorrow, I hope, to get that working XD *prays it rains tomorrow*

Page 3 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours