And something for the masses:

Currently, only the scrolling and page by page turning is working. I still need to add:

X -the ability to move an item
X -the ability to toss an item
X -the ability to use an item

Using an item won't happen until I get it to where you can have a pokemon to use one on. That will be somewhat difficult, as each item does different things. I will also need to devise a dynamic routine for all the TMs and HMs, since they will all essentially do the same, and make it easier, but if the pokemon knows 4 moves already, it will have to replace the selected move with the TM/HM.

Oh what fun.. I think I will work on moving an item and tossing an item to at least get those out of the way. =]
Lookin Good
Hmm.. upon further investigation, I have determined that certain items cannot be tossed. and of course, certain items can only be used at certain times. Oh goody. XD

*gets to work*
Well, working on a list of items that are not tossable, a list of items that can be used outside of battle, and items that can be used only during a battle. From there, I have to come up with a way, probably using a list element, to tell whether a person is in battle or not. I am thinking at this point, that will be the easiest way for that specific bit. For usage, I will no doubt have to spread that out similar to that of the map data. Basically, going with a few programs, and having one program that calls the correct one based off the item #.

Also, was thinking, about adding some text under the item name, for say like TM's and HM's, so one knows what they are? It wouldn't be hard, since I have the items grouped by what they are/do, would just be a matter of adding a few lines. But do you guys think it would make things look too busy?
Svakk wrote:
Lookin Good[/quote]

srsly, I will destroy you.

@Kerm: lulz editing my post and leaving this abomination of poor grammar and tag failure intact is a failure of your role as admin Bad Idea
Quote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Svakk wrote:
Lookin Good

srsly, I will destroy you.

@Kerm: lulz editing my post and leaving this abomination of poor grammar and tag failure intact is a failure of your role as admin

What did i do now?
I have no clue, but I would appreciate this topic returning ON TOPIC.

I am nearly done with organizing the list. Might try to work on dealing with implementing some of it tomorrow. maybe..
I am a bit on the angry side at the moment..

somehow I managed to dump my 83+SE in to a bucket of water, the calc that contains PP. At this moment, I am unsure if I will be able to get any of it back.

I don't know what all I lost. I have a few older back ups to work off of I guess, and a ton of the code that I had wrote down.. At this point, not sure what I am going to do.

just thought I would let you know..
TI..8x:
Are You Using BASIC? If So, Tell Me The Information You Need And I'll See If I Can Help. You Could Also Send Me An Older Version That I Could Check To See How It Works and I'll Help From There.

BTW:
Thanks For The Help With
The Pokemon Game About
A Month Ago. (badboy54@
comcast.net)
like I said, I have most of the code written out, just have to go through and re-add it. This will slow progress down considerably. >.<

ah well..
tifreak8x wrote:
like I said, I have most of the code written out, just have to go through and re-add it. This will slow progress down considerably. >.<

ah well..

Remember to take out the batteries and let it dry out overnight; if that doesn't work then you can try and read the flash chip manually Razz
eh, I have a feeling all things are lost on it.

popped batteries back in, came up with this "Error press any key to turn off device and then turn back on"

I have never even heard of this error, so only god knows XD

Soo..

Means I have a lot of stuff to put in on the new calc.. v_v
ouch that sucks, did you try connecting it to a computer and seeing if that would work?
trust me, for the time being, this calc is gone.

I believe I have a back up.. but not sure what all was in it. It might have been when I started writing out the code which took forever. If nothing else, all I really don't have is the data programs, the rest of it is all in a note book.
that sucks a lot....Sad
btw how did it end up in the water?
my dog was running through my shop, and hit the stool that was holding my laptop bag, causing it to dump over into the dog's water bucket.
Well, upon further investigation, the latest code I have is from right before I went through it all to make the changes for optimizations. So yeah, just a few hours work, nothing super big I guess.

Transferring the game to the 84+SE to continue development.
Is your laptop OK though? That would be sad if it was fried. Sad
laptop was not in the bag at the time, so yeah, it is perfectly fine. Just dumped some of my bills, my check book, by favorite 83+SE and my gameboy pocket.

As to the calc, inserting the cable causes it to error out immediately, so yeah, it is toast. meh. =/
That is tragic, I always hate to hear of a calculator taken out of commission. Sad I wish I could think of a way to fix it.

Page 4 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours