tifreak8x wrote:
laptop was not in the bag at the time, so yeah, it is perfectly fine. Just dumped some of my bills, my check book, by favorite 83+SE and my gameboy pocket.

As to the calc, inserting the cable causes it to error out immediately, so yeah, it is toast. meh. =/

You have paper bills?! Surprised
um, yes, otherwise I forget to pay them.
tifreak8x wrote:
um, yes, otherwise I forget to pay them.

BillPay/Bank Draft FTW.
sadly, my income is too sporadic for that. *shrugs*

paper bills are easier to manage, don't get lost -that- easily, don't need electricity to view, etc.
Thought I would pass off the semi-good news.

The latest backup I have of PP is when I started writing out the code, most likely with the thought if I botched something up hard core, that I would have something that I could just redump on the calc and go at again. So, since this definitely qualifies for that, yay me for taking that backup at any rate. XD

*goes back to fixing old code again*
Ok, after getting my calc revived, and a list gone through, it seems 11 programs were lost, 1 of which has just been redone, 2 of them are asm programs, and the others are super easy to recreate, so yeah. Almost back on track ^_^
All I have to do is recreate the program that contains the pokemon names and then I will be able to say that I am caught up to where I was before the incident.

Wait a minute, no I don't. That file should be on my flash drive some where.. <<

I am caught up then! =D Now on to putting those files on another calc so I can convert them into flash apps and see about adjusting the programs so they will read correctly.
Awesomesauce! You'd better do a couple more backups juts to make sure you don't lose your rescued progress. Smile Where are you going from here with Pokemon Purple, big picture-wise? What are the most pressing things that you need to do?
After I get the backup complete, I plan on taking some of the data programs, and convert them to appvars. That will get them out of the prgm menu, and out of my way for a while.

From there, not 100% sure. Will have to adjust the coding of course to deal with appvars instead of programs, but that is no biggie.

There is plenty to do tho, so yeah. XD
Got unlazy a few days ago.. I think anyways ><

Got the pokemon names aaand.. sprite data, dropped into appvars.

I still need to do that for the base stat data, item name list, attack name list, NPC sprite data, aaaand.. I don't remember ><

But yeah, created a program that creates the appvar, then another that I input the amount of lines, and then another that goes through and reads from the original and dumps it into the appvar.

I am shooting to be able to get rid of at least 10 programs.

I am also working on a thought and theory on a program to keep tabs of where map data goes, and recall those from appvars, so I don't have a bunch of map data programs listed. Coming up with a couple ideas that I like, so I will experiment a little with them.
Sweet! I might be able to play this game when it's done now Laughing
It is still going to be a huge game, just trying to make it so there is fewer sub programs to deal with. =]
tifreak8x wrote:
It is still going to be a huge game, just trying to make it so there is fewer sub programs to deal with. =]

Thats good, but its always harder to combine programs than to split it up. The game I'm doing now currently has 7 programs (not a ton) but its not like I'm really going to go and try to mash em all together. Unless you have like 60 programs, I'd finish working on some of the other stuff first and come back and mash em later.
not really combining programs.. o.O

Before I get too many maps made, I need to come up with a system that will allow me to store that data into appvars and recall them easily enough. I should do that before I have 100 maps to deal with, ya know?
tifreak8x wrote:
not really combining programs.. o.O

Before I get too many maps made, I need to come up with a system that will allow me to store that data into appvars and recall them easily enough. I should do that before I have 100 maps to deal with, ya know?

Gotcha, I thought you where gonna try a Permanti's thing and try to smash it all together.
oh, I may combine small things into other programs and such, but I am also trying to make this engine as dynamic as possible so certain things can do more than 1 aspect of what is needed to be done.
tifreak8x wrote:
oh, I may combine small things into other programs and such, but I am also trying to make this engine as dynamic as possible so certain things can do more than 1 aspect of what is needed to be done.

Okay
I have been working with Iambian to getting a better version of Celtic 2 to work, as the latest release on his site has a problem with creating program and application variables. I created a helper program to make the transition of program to appvars easier, but until he gets that part of celtic 2 fixed, I am stuck with it. The older version works for that part, but does not check the size of the program or appvar at all, so it makes it more annoying to compare file sizes to see if the whole program has made it to the appvar.
So, yeah, I am still alive. Have been tinkering with AOD2 for the 73, and have been working with Pokemon a bit. Have been having trouble with getting these programs converted to appvars, and I really want them over to that, so I am focusing on figuring out what is wrong. I am considering rewriting my helper program to do things a bit differently, as I kind of just threw it together, so we shall see what I can come up with.

I also need to write up something to show the information that has been dumped into the appvar.

So yeah, still alive, still kicking. Life just keeps getting in the way <<
you know if it doesn't work for converting, you could just use Celtic III (the program) to do it...

Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours