I don't know enough PHP or anything to get a phpBB forum up and running...
yeah, PHPBB is a better forum then Invision Free.
I can help with setting up your forum if need be wizard Smile
thx thx thx, ult dev...but i need a web server...tell me which ones would work best...
Actually, I was looking for one...FRandT is good (when it works); I'd get an account with then just for the music javascript thingy, and thenget a different host to host a site, forum, etc.
Well, I can't tell you a good place to host unless you know someone who owns a server that can support it (like I do).
if it's gonna be calc-related, try unitedti.org and calcgames.org.
Well, I have two possible candidates that I'm currently trying out; I'll post back here with my findings.
it has nothing 2 do with calcs...
Then check out some of the sites on the web that provide free, ad-free hosting. Also, check out http://hosting.roboticalworld.com.
wizard3246 wrote:
it has nothing 2 do with calcs...

This post might be extremely late, but you could try x10hosting.com. I am currently using them an they are free.
I am currently using freewebs* for web hosting.
Is that a good one?

* www.freewebs.com
Umm, I guess. Geocities was fairly good, except for their intrusive ads. Tripod isn't too bad of a host, except for the ad... I don't remember much about bravenet though...
they are ok if you want something simplistic, but paid is better, and your own server is best.

Also, I am thinking, until my site has more publicity, that I amy offer some subdomain hosting, not too entirly sure though. (Just to let you know, I have use less than 17 mb of Bandwisth of my 5gb per month, this month, can we say no vistors?
You should make it more bot friendly... Just don't give them access to the images or files, that will really eat up bandwidth...

Oh, and add more content. Smile
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Umm, I guess. Geocities was fairly good, except for their intrusive ads. Tripod isn't too bad of a host, except for the ad... I don't remember much about bravenet though...

now that i found beter ones, geocities is bad Sad.
and bravenet is somewhat like freewebs
well, geocities is better than havin anything... Smile

And I know how you feel, my site is now hosted through calcgames.org, so I see your point of view.
rivereye wrote:
they are ok if you want something simplistic, but paid is better, and your own server is best.

Also, I am thinking, until my site has more publicity, that I amy offer some subdomain hosting, not too entirly sure though. (Just to let you know, I have use less than 17 mb of Bandwisth of my 5gb per month, this month, can we say no vistors?

no visitors Razz
you should spamm people's emails with ads Razz.

is subdomain hosting like geocities
were its
www.thewebsite.com/youwebsite ?
TI-Freak8x wrote:
You should make it more bot friendly... Just don't give them access to the images or files, that will really eat up bandwidth...

Oh, and add more content. Smile

how would one make it more bot freindly?
The best free web host BY FAR is Atspace. 50MB, unlimited bandwidth, your own subdomain, FTP access, and NO ADS. It's a freeloading webmaster's wet dream, to put it shortly.

This is Atspace.

This is my site, in case you don't believe me about the ads. (Well, actually it's a blank page under my name, but you get the point...)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours