Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
We need another car on this fail train 0x5

I was referring The Tari's XBox Live account avatar, not his gamerpic

Yeah, but for you Razz

Gamerpics are the avatars. That stupid person thing it is has you make is just dumb, and hence ignored.

But you do use the avatars in live parties (not sure how many people use that feature).
Are you talking about the avatar, as in the character they create? That's what I figured the first time but no one seemed to catch on...

The XBL Avatar is the customizable character, whereas the gamerpic is the image that we call avatars on forums.
swivelgames wrote:
Are you talking about the avatar, as in the character they create? That's what I figured the first time but no one seemed to catch on...

The XBL Avatar is the customizable character, whereas the gamerpic is the image that we call avatars on forums.

Exactly what I was referring to. Only took 2 pages to do it too Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Exactly what I was referring to. Only took 2 pages to do it too 0x5

I figured out what you were referring to after your emphasized post, but I refuse to follow microsoft's naming. The profile pic is called your avatar just about EVERYWHERE but XBL, so the gamerpic is the avatar, and the retard person is something else.
They enjoy doing that Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
We need another car on this fail train 0x5

I was referring The Tari's XBox Live account avatar, not his gamerpic

Yeah, but for you Razz

Gamerpics are the avatars. That stupid person thing it is has you make is just dumb, and hence ignored.

I agree. Miis are incredibly stupid...
DShiznit wrote:
I agree. Miis are incredibly stupid...

Wrong system Rolling Eyes
Just goes to show that Microsoft's rip-off of Mii's are indistinguishable to actual Mii's Wink
Quote:
sat⋅ire
   /ˈsætaɪər/
–noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
DShiznit wrote:
Quote:
sat⋅ire
   /ˈsætaɪər/
–noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Satire and sarcasm are difficult to pull off on the internet (especially on a forum); I had a feeling you were referring to Mii's and XBox 360 avatars separately, but your post didn't clarify that. So, Kllrnohj and I assumed you confused the two.

Now switching to something productive: anyone here play GTA IV on live?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Nope. I don't have GTA IV. Also, my gold trial is over and I'm too poor to afford it Sad (Well, really I'd just rather spend the money on new games, online play is better on the PC anyway Wink )
BF:BC Anyone?
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Nope. I don't have GTA IV. Also, my gold trial is over and I'm too poor to afford it Sad (Well, really I'd just rather spend the money on new games, online play is better on the PC anyway Wink )

It's also better on the PS3. Us noobs that bought XBL because we heard it was cool got shafted. Can you believe PSN has 64 player multiplayer? Xbox can't even pull off 18 without lag half the time.
DShiznit wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

It's also better on the PS3. Us noobs that bought XBL because we heard it was cool got shafted. Can you believe PSN has 64 player multiplayer? Xbox can't even pull off 18 without lag half the time.

XBL has how many users on average compaired to PSN now try and tell me which one will lag more. If PSN is so much better than how come no one uses it. Exactly, now shush.
TheStorm wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

XBL has how many users on average compaired to PSN now try and tell me which one will lag more. If PSN is so much better than how come no one uses it. Exactly, now shush.

Noone uses it because Microsoft owns the Liberal media, and everyone drinks their cool-aid so to speak. Lag-free 64-player multiplayer would otherwise speak for itself.
Are you guys trying to turn this thread into another flamewar..?

I can't speak for PSN, but I've never seen any XBL game lagging due to the network. It's always individual clients that lag.
My Xbox is hard-wired into my modem, theres no way it's on my end.
DShiznit wrote:

That has nothing to do with it DShiznit, its more about what that modem is connecting you too than how the X-Box is connected to the modem. Unless of course someone is behind like five or so routers/gateways that will slow things down a bit.
DShiznit wrote:
It's also better on the PS3.

Really? Then why does the PS3 version stutter at 640p whereas the 360 version is smooth at 720p? Oh right, because the PS3 version sucks (the 360 version of just about every game is better than its PS3 equivalent)

Quote:

Uh, yeah, it most likely is. Your internet connection could suck, your modem and/or router could suck, or you could be far from the servers (both in terms of physical distance and the number of routers)
So the PS3 version of Battlefield Bad Company that has 64 player lag-free multiplayer is worse than the 'awesome' 32-player 360 version.

The lag I keep experiencing on this paid service is on the network of the game as a whole(as some servers will run fine, and others will lag like shit, and it'll change depending on whose playing). It cannot be on my end, I'm paying $50+ a month for 8mbps internet, which should be more than fast enough for multiplayer gaming. PS3 has fast, free, large-scale online gaming. End of story. Critics like Game Informer and X-Play(who aren't biased by only being able to afford one console or the other and needing to justify that purchase) agree: The PS3 is superior to the Xbox 360 in multiplayer gaming. I bought into the Microsoft cool-aid just like all of you. I got an xbox like everyone else. I was wrong.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours