Well there you go. But could it be integrated into the SAX?
noahbaby94 wrote:

No. SAX doesn't use a database.
elfprince13 wrote:
noahbaby94 wrote:

I'm thinking of adding that; it would WAY cut down on the bandwidth SAX consumes at the expense of higher server load.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
noahbaby94 wrote:

I'm thinking of adding that; it would WAY cut down on the bandwidth SAX consumes at the expense of higher server load.

Why less bandwidth? I suppose you could devise a system to only load the newest lines based on last received time stamp or something....
Wow, there I was, thinking I was about to kill a topic with my inner insanity, and it turns out I started one!

It looks like there was some confusion about my point, however. It was, indeed, intended to relieve the load of the moderators. The idea was that everyone who had been a member for any significant length of time (or postcount, or whatever) who hadn't done something to be flagged as a moron (literally, who hadn't done anything stupid enough for everyone to notice and complain) could contribute to censoring inappropriate posts.
The philosophy behind it was inspired by the administration's apparent reluctance to ban a certain member: The system would enable people that would otherwise be banned due to repeated necessity of moderator attention could be allowed to stay, since the moderators wouldn't have to worry about them as much any more.

The entire thing only makes sense in a system that wants to give members a high degree of "the benefit of the doubt" and that has a minority of moderators out of the general posting community. Of course, it also only works if members that are trusted enough to be designated "non-moron" do not take advantage of their status and if the moderators/administration are willing to revoke the "non-moron" status of long time members for the sake of sanity and fairness (that, however, would imply a neutral status between moron and non-moron, the occupants of which would be trusted to speak freely for themselves, but not to censor the speech of others).

It's completely different than setting a user to "ignore" because you would still be able to see "the good stuff" from them. Also, it would better serve the purpose of keeping a "family friendly" atmosphere because you wouldn't have had to log in and specifically ignore a user to hide offensive material. Instead, it would just be completely removed from public view.
Or Kerm could just finally give me global mod powers Razz

I won't abuse it, I promise Evil or Very Mad
Kllrnohj wrote:

and I thought there was nothing worse than your constant burns... Very Happy
rthprog wrote:

Well I'm already a mod in a subforum here, just come hither and step into my domain... Wink
rthprog wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Ah, now there's where you would have thought wrong. The worst would be no burns at all from him, because as harsh and idiotic as he sounds sometimes, he does manage to do some modicum of good as far as encouraging new users to learn to Google things.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, now there's where you would have thought wrong. The worst would be no burns at all from him, because as harsh and idiotic as he sounds sometimes, he does manage to do some modicum of good as far as encouraging new users to learn to Google things.

Harsh I agree with, but idiotic? Please. Cool

Of course, I also has 1337 skillz Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours