Do you want DCS 6 to be an App?
Yes
 92%  [ 12 ]
No
 7%  [ 1 ]
Which to be a what?
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

yeaah, but that may require an 84+ only eddition, and I don't think Kerm wants to go through that hassle.
No, that shouldn't be required, since there are ways to detect what calc you are using, there should be a way for that to auto detect and enable/disable that feature...
true, well, it is still up to Kerm,
Re: 84-specific features: only the clock and extra memory, so I can just program a Shell Expansion that puts a clock readout of the toolbar.
and the USB right?
What about USB? All USB support is going to be via TICI 2.0, so it's a moot point.
USB for DCS6 file transfers
Ah. What about the TI-linkport? Have you 84ers abandoned it completely?? Cool
TI-Linkport? what is that?
the 2.5mm jack on all ti calcs that have link ports...
ok, I thought he was taling about something diffrent. The only problem is the USB is much faster than I/O. I've tested it. I can send MOS to and 84+SE much faster than a 83+SE
of course the USB is faster... its newer!
I'm not stating the obvious, but I think if USB were implimented, it would be a good thing to see.
definitely... though it would have to be something you could turn on and off, cuz otherwise it might mess with normal 83+'s...

did you see the drivers where you could use a USB mouse with an 84+/SE? i have the app on my calc, but now i need the adapter...
I saw that, I need to get the adapter, then some USB stuff.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah. What about the TI-linkport? Have you 84ers abandoned it completely?? Cool

no, but TI did, which is why they just gave me a calc-to-calc USB cable only, and not one of the older style cables, and seeing as how almost everyone at school now has a TI-84, finding an old cable to transfer from mirage with (too lazy to un-hide and then re-hide) is getting harder and harder
It seems that using the linkport would make more sense though because every calc except the TI-80 has one.
fine, send me a link cable or $25 so I can start using it Laughing
Kerm, you also forget the 81. I pawned a link cable off some kid for a bunch of my math programs. Neiher of us fel ripped off.
i only know 2 ppl at school with an old link cable, and both know how to get progs off the internet themselves

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours