14%  [ 3 ]
41-50
 4%  [ 1 ]
51-60
 4%  [ 1 ]
60+
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

posting in the topic "when was the last time you programed..." i then got to thinking, how many programs do you have on you calc?
which one?
how many do you have? i guess you could just do your main one, or add them all together.
I'll go with the main one...do program's you have in groups count?
Quote:

I'll go with the main one...do program's you have in groups count?

no, just the ones in the prgm menu.
oh, then around five or so
Quote:

oh, then around five or so

wow, thats all? i have around 50.
that's without the groups mind you
I always tried to keep it to 10 or so programs in RAM, essentially whatever my current TI-BASIC project was. Everything else was an archived program, or, if it was a project I had finished but hadn't transferred to my computer yet, a group.
that's pretty much the same with me
Eeems wrote:
I think that's the case for a lot of people. Smile I got very paranoid about grouping my in-progress projects very frequently after MirageOS conspired to RAM Clear me twice in a row, forcing me to rewrite the same game three times. Sad
I generally have at least 160 programs in archive, and an equivalent number stored in different groups.
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
I think that's the case for a lot of people. Smile I got very paranoid about grouping my in-progress projects very frequently after MirageOS conspired to RAM Clear me twice in a row, forcing me to rewrite the same game three times. Sad

that's why you use the archive undelete program to get them back
Ah, but unfortunately they were never in the archive to begin with, I just kept them in RAM. It was only after that incident that I started being paranoid enough to keep everything in groups in the archive.
ah, same happened to me...but then I started using doors cs and I haven't had a big ram wipe in a while
Eeems wrote:
ah, same happened to me...but then I started using doors cs and I haven't had a big ram wipe in a while
Haha, glad to hear; that's a relief given that at one point Doors CS 5 seemed to have earned a reputation for epic instability.
never used 5, I got around to using it in the most recent version
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Haha, glad to hear; that's a relief given that at one point Doors CS 5 seemed to have earned a reputation for epic instability.

The shell itself seemed fine, but the intermediate betas seemed really instable when I was programming with the GUI api, but it got MUCH better, and I now prefer it to MOS.
about 240 (ARC), but most of them are subroutines (main calc)
I think I have 4 in RAM; Celtic, Codex, a temporary program, and a character map =D

My other calculator has about 30 programs, all archived.

And of course, tons of extra programs are kept safely in groups (thank god for brandonw's GroupTool!)
rthprog wrote:
(thank god for brandonw's GroupTool!)

Yeah, don't thank brandonw for it, or anything silly like that...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours