comicIDIOT wrote:
none of it is overpriced.

Its *ALL* overpriced, by INSANE amounts.

@Elf: Reading comprehension is your friend, learn it Rolling Eyes Absolutely NONE of those plugins help in this situation (application switching), but nice try.
Personally, I run the OS I coded for myself in PHP.
Hurray, I love how every single discussion we have about any application or piece of hardware inevitably turns into a Mac vs. PC debate! \o/
comicIDIOT wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
He's irritated that other people can't see that he's superior because he overpaid for an operating system that he can only run on Apple-branded hardware which is just as overpriced.
nVidia and IBM are not Apple Branded and none of it is overpriced.

I'm glad you choose a nick which reflects your true state of being.
Isn't this a little late, bearing in mind how long Vista has been out?
benryves wrote:
Isn't this a little late, bearing in mind how long Vista has been out?
Even with Vista, though, win-type-enter is slower than launchy, because the program search lags by a second or three.
I split the bulk of the "Macs suck" "No, PCs suck" thread off from this to keep this at least moderately on-topic. I actually discovered Launchy because Tari introduced me to it; does anyone else here use it?
Yeah I use it on all my windows comps and I of course use nix equivalents on my linux installs. tari was the one who introduced me to it also.
I use Quicksilver on my mac, and Gnome DO with Ubuntu.
KermMartian wrote:
I split the bulk of the "Macs suck" "No, PCs suck" thread off from this to keep this at least moderately on-topic. I actually discovered Launchy because Tari introduced me to it; does anyone else here use it?

*psst, Macs are PCs* Rolling Eyes

On topic, though, I don't use Launchy or similar since it doesn't give me much. Application launching is nice, but it isn't all that much faster than the Vista start menu. The other crap I could care less about, as I almost always have firefox already running, and I control my media using the media keys on my keyboard.

On Linux, I just use a terminal.
Vista's start menu takes way longer than Launchy for me. It's better at guessing what I'm searching for, too.
foamy3 wrote:
Vista's start menu takes way longer than Launchy for me. It's better at guessing what I'm searching for, too.

You're right, it does. But the last 10 apps listed in the start menu tend to be what I want, and if not I can find it in the all programs listing pretty quickly. Launchy is that tad bit faster for programs I don't frequently use, but not enough for me to care (since its infrequent Wink )

I also rarely turn off my computer, so things like Firefox and Winamp are pretty much always running.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours